Should we continue with Listening Projects through 2013?

Should we continue with Listening Project in 2013?

Yes, I would like members to carry on with monthly projects in 2013.
89%
I don't really care as it doesn't interest me.
No votes
No, it has run its course and should end in January 2013.
11%

Total votes: 9

jaybee

Re: Should we continue with Listening Projects through 2013?

Post by jaybee »

sounds like a plan!
Brass Bands are all very well in their place -
outdoors and several miles away....
Ciaran

Post by Ciaran »

I might be interested as well in such topics without the rigid monthly timetable. I'll probably add a bit more to my Mahler 7 thread, which only really got going at the end of December, due to time constraints.
Seán

Post by Seán »

Ciaran wrote:I might be interested as well in such topics without the rigid monthly timetable. I'll probably add a bit more to my Mahler 7 thread, which only really got going at the end of December, due to time constraints.
Yes, the calendar month does present its own difficulties, we can return to any thread when we have a mind to do so.
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
bombasticDarren

Post by bombasticDarren »

Seán wrote:
Ciaran wrote:I might be interested as well in such topics without the rigid monthly timetable. I'll probably add a bit more to my Mahler 7 thread, which only really got going at the end of December, due to time constraints.
Yes, the calendar month does present its own difficulties, we can return to any thread when we have a mind to do so.
Agreed, I am not sure how I would cope introducing a new piece. But I would like this board to have the flexibility for me to explore a piece if the mood takes me...
Jared

Post by Jared »

bombasticDarren wrote:Agreed, I am not sure how I would cope introducing a new piece. But I would like this board to have the flexibility for me to explore a piece if the mood takes me...
I think this method would suit me better, too.... the pressure being off both in terms of timeline and expected quality of presentation... I would like to do something again during 2013, but something I can chip away at in my own time and as much for my own benefit as for anyone elses. In a similar vain, it wouldn't matter to me whether it garnered much discussion from other members either; just an open forum for me to express my inarticulate musings would be quite beneficial/ therapeutic actually...

I'll give it some thought.