MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
Ken Moreland

Re: MQN

Post by Ken Moreland »

Finding R2.67 really good, played a couple of Hires albums and a 16bit and very impressed. Maybe it's just the good weather but for me it's best so far.
KM
i5 QuietPC , JplayFemto , Singxer SU-6 , Holo Audio Spring DAC ,LAB12 Preamp, Roundtree Mono Amps, Rosso Fiorentino Elba 2 Speakers
m.massimo

Post by m.massimo »

I listened to some versions after sse2 2.55+1.4 this afternoon. I should say that sse2 2.67+1.4 is the most promising, but unfortunately I can play 1644 and 2444 only with it.
2.62+1.4 is very good as well. It's on the warm side and very interesting in reproducing voices. Low end is very good.

New mqnload 1.04.14.0417 works fine on my system. The new mqncontrol feature is very appreciated. Thank you very much.
tony

Post by tony »

m.massimo wrote:I listened to some versions after sse2 2.55+1.4 this afternoon. I should say that sse2 2.67+1.4 is the most promising, but unfortunately I can play 1644 and 2444 only with it.
2.62+1.4 is very good as well. It's on the warm side and very interesting in reproducing voices. Low end is very good.

New mqnload 1.04.14.0417 works fine on my system. The new mqncontrol feature is very appreciated. Thank you very much.
Hi 1.5 is the version to use to get hires. I got it working on 24/192 but not 100% sure it is glitch free as on some occasions I have got nothing on hires stuff.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
m.massimo

Post by m.massimo »

Thank you for the info. I'll test 1.5 next time.
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

R2.72 - more betterer

+ avx 2.70 version

sounds pretty good, think this is acceptable SQ

very realistic noises, never heard the like etc

would sound better, but ran out of registers.
Last edited by sbgk on Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
thisisvv

Post by thisisvv »

Hi all,

after trying and trying i am here asking for help...i am unable to run this MQN ...tried everything in two different pc...

steps i created...

created a folder c:\musicplayer

in the same folder is all the 4 files ....and also a sample of music file is in that folder too ...a wav file...

now when i copy the file and click mqn.bat windows open for less then 1 sec and then just closes...

my dac is usb dac which is the main dac for mys system....

any help on this would be highly appreciated....

V
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

thisisvv wrote:Hi all,

after trying and trying i am here asking for help...i am unable to run this MQN ...tried everything in two different pc...

steps i created...

in the same folder is all the 4 files ....and also a sample of music file is in that folder too ...a wav file...

now when i copy the file and click mqn.bat windows open for less then 1 sec and then just closes...

V
need more info, O/S etc
have you renamed the files
is the wav filename appearing files.txt
tony

Post by tony »

thisisvv wrote: steps i created...

V
6 files should be in the folder. Not sure if you are saying you have a copy of a wav file in the same folder but you don't do that.

file names as follows

files
MQN (Bat file)
MQNControl
MQNPLAY
Param
paste

The 'files' folder appears when you copy the music track and double click the mqn file.
Files will just have the name of the track you are playing

Are you renaming the play and control files to mqncontrol.exe and mqnplay.exe?
So just edit the file name and delete the 2.70R1.5 etc etc bit

Right click MQN (Bat) file and check that it is pointing to the right location. Edit the address if not. Make sure you are admin on your pc also.

What operating system are you using?
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
sima66

Post by sima66 »

sbgk wrote:R2.72 - more betterer

+ avx 2.70 version

sounds pretty good, think this is acceptable SQ

very realistic noises, never heard the like etc

would sound better, but ran out of registers.
Can't keep up with this tempo! ;-)
When I looked for first time at this thread it was the 2.68 posted.
I tried 2.68 and I like it very much. In my case I get more body and weight with control R1.5.
I just briefly tried the 2.70's and so far looks like the avx 2.70 was the best, but needs more testing.
Just saw now that 2.72 is posted!
I5 4440+TXCOmobo+JCAT Femto-Intona-JKRegen+HynesPS+TeraDak ATX-820W=JCATusb=DiverterHR=Wadia 931/922(GNSC mod)=PassLabsXA100.5=2xValhalla=Stacked&moded ESL57+JAS SuperTweet+2MJ Acoustics Ref.I
4SteinHarmonizers;RR777;Tellus;StillpointsUltraSS
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

R2.73 another step up