It didn't explode....... YET (aka niges amp)

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 22

nige2000

Re: It didn't explode....... YET (aka niges amp)

Post by nige2000 »

Ok we need to start getting organised
this day wk is patrick's day,
one way or another i will have the first one built by then,
this build will need to be tested on various inputs and outputs
so thats gonna be the quads, raidhos, im sure the Eists will be ok
and the L level 7
this is to insure that i set the correct gain requirement (correct gain is less is more) so we have more than we will ever use but not over shoot completely (this is just an optimisation exercise)
if anyone has other stuff they want to test we can do that too

that sounds like a rathgar rd venue ?

After Paddys day we will need to organise the mass fabrication of aluminium and cases,
consisting of cutting aluminium which we can do here getting a lend of a saw for it
hole drilling and tapping will be a bit of work
practically i think any more than 2-3 working together will be unuseful
so if i get a couple volunteers here one day we cut all alu and at least get the drilling and tapping organised or even started if things goes well
wk day or wkend doesnt bother me i can usually work round it

After that i assume therell be a soldering day and an assembly day for all
Once the first ones built front panel design can start
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
Derek

Post by Derek »

I can head up to yours to cut and drill and tap what ever is required and on a week day.
I have a few tools I can bring along.
Monday 13th and Tuesday 14th next week are good as are Monday 20th Tuesday 21st or Wednesday 22nd.
Does this help any?
NigeAmp, NigeSD DAC, Airtight ATM-4, Ruark Accolades, Pink Triangle TT, Roksan Artimiz, Clearaudio Discovery, Tom Evans Microgroove Plus, Fran DAC, Dalkey Audio Interconnects.
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

Derek wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:18 pm I can head up to yours to cut and drill and tap what ever is required and on a week day.
I have a few tools I can bring along.
Monday 13th and Tuesday 14th next week are good as are Monday 20th Tuesday 21st or Wednesday 22nd.
Does this help any?
13/14th is too soon i wont be ready, i need to mostly build one first myself to finalize there everything goes what length stuff needs to be etc
dates post holiday wkend will be ok
Any magic tools that make light work?
portable woodwork bench might be useful for drilling etc
seen one in argos 31e if not
will see if dates suit anyone else
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
Sligolad

Post by Sligolad »

I have a set of cradles for the batteries ready Nige, did not get tops printed yet.
You should be able to fit them and bolt them to the bottom of the case and then place the top sections over the batteries to allow wiring and board placement.

I can drop them down Sunday if that works for you.

Post by tony »

Long post yes of course re testing. Bit of a problem for me over the next three weeks but after that which looks close to when you are ready hosting aint no prob. I have a black and wrecker workmate in pristine condition if required. Have work supports also sitting down to dinner will reread post later but might need to talk to see if I have what you need. Depending on the day happy to mullock in with drilling etc, happy to play it by ear and when you firm up your options and work will chip in. I could turn on the soldering iron for you if I figure out what a soldering iron looks like.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

Sligolad wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:41 pm I have a set of cradles for the batteries ready Nige, did not get tops printed yet.
You should be able to fit them and bolt them to the bottom of the case and then place the top sections over the batteries to allow wiring and board placement.

I can drop them down Sunday if that works for you.
ah cool,

don't particularly need the new cradles, i can use the ones you've left last time for time begin
hmmn... on second thought maybe ill pop down for them and do it once, you came up last time
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

i think this is the final version of Pearse's cradle's
seems like we have plenty of room each side for wiring
Super job, well done and thanks
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

Looks great, and looks like it will secure the batteries very well too.
Do or do not, there is no try
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

Pearse, another thought
i dont think id have any trouble making 3mm thick alu struts to do this

only thing is we may need to shave 3mm off the lids or put a step in them to allow for the struts
would be steady as a rock with struts in it
a little overkill perhaps but still
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

How do you feel about the size of the case now Nige? Is there plenty of room do you think or will the build be tighter? It looks like there's loads of room.
Do or do not, there is no try