It didn't explode....... YET (aka niges amp)

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 22

nige2000

Re: It didn't explode....... YET (aka niges amp)

Post by nige2000 »

Cool stuff
Very sturdy

Getting the lend of a chop saw with those fancy blades that cuts anything from butter to steel
So that should make things easier
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
Sligolad

Post by Sligolad »

nige2000 wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:39 pm dunno if these guys an be taken seriously
http://www.3dprintingpoint.ie/
I dropped the stl file for the bottom case part into the quote engine and it came up with a message that the part was too big.
I dropped in a smaller file for doing all the rods at about 125 grammes and it came up with a quote for €800 plus for one piece using basic printing.
When i selected the SLA option it jumped up to almost 2k.

They appear to be the genuine article with the options they offer but expensive.

Post by nige2000 »

Sligolad wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:28 pm
nige2000 wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:39 pm dunno if these guys an be taken seriously
http://www.3dprintingpoint.ie/
I dropped the stl file for the bottom case part into the quote engine and it came up with a message that the part was too big.
I dropped in a smaller file for doing all the rods at about 125 grammes and it came up with a quote for €800 plus for one piece using basic printing.
When i selected the SLA option it jumped up to almost 2k.

They appear to be the genuine article with the options they offer but expensive.
whaa....
thats unbelievable
thats almost a good hole in the price of the equipment

so unfortunately your still the cheapest 3d printer in town

we could do without those plastic rods, id imagine stainless steel bolts wouldn't be too expensive
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

nige2000 wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:33 pm Image
Cool stuff
Very sturdy

Getting the lend of a chop saw with those fancy blades that cuts anything from butter to steel
So that should make things easier
just gettin a proper look at these binding posts, i think i like em
the nuts dont come off the end when u losen them,
theyve a spade connector on the end,
and i dont know how exactly anyone could break 'em without a very heavy hammer

only downside is their pretty long (on inside) 45mm from back panel
and their 33e per amp

think id use xlr plugs and sockets myself to be cheap if the gear wasnt gonna be travelling
tony

Post by tony »

It is all looking really brilliant Nigel. You better take a note of the production process you might end up making another batch if the photo's so far are anything to go by. Seem another trip to Scalford to show our friends across the water how to do it right might be in order.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

They look quality.
Do or do not, there is no try
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

tony wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:20 pm It is all looking really brilliant Nigel. You better take a note of the production process you might end up making another batch if the photo's so far are anything to go by. Seem another trip to Scalford to show our friends across the water how to do it right might be in order.
yea im sure it would be interesting to watch the facial expressions of on lookers at Scalford,
i think the build quality, look and feel will be quite impressive by the time we're all done with them
i think the price of the parts + labour for an "unknown" amp like this would be too steep to be viable in a world where branding and resale value is so important
ok for us here doing it for fun to achieve something a little unorthodoxly good
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

Da' Bling

rca plugs look great
ill never understand china post, these came pretty quick
cases are shipped
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

lovely, well worth the small bit extra for that quality.
Do or do not, there is no try
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

Fran wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:50 pm lovely, well worth the small bit extra for that quality.
yes well worth it