It didn't explode....... YET (aka niges amp)

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 22

Derek

Re: It didn't explode....... YET (aka niges amp)

Post by Derek »

It's getting more impressive with every post.
Really nice work.
NigeAmp, NigeSD DAC, Airtight ATM-4, Ruark Accolades, Pink Triangle TT, Roksan Artimiz, Clearaudio Discovery, Tom Evans Microgroove Plus, Fran DAC, Dalkey Audio Interconnects.
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

Derek wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:37 pm It's getting more impressive with every post.
Really nice work.
think were surprising ourselves, its looking like its going to by far exceed the expectations i had for this GB build.

Pearse you see in that last pic
if the bolts were on either end and another single bolt in the center of one side
and the power management pcb should be ok to go one side of it?
think im right in thinking top and bottom prints are still identical doing that
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
Sligolad

Post by Sligolad »

You got it Nige that will work and be symmetrical...once I get the first one printed next week and it feels fine I will start the printing of the 28 of them over the next 2 to 3 weeks.
The Lids should not take too long after that at just 14 of them.

Will start looking at adding text next and see how it works out, I will sink it into the lid and see how it prints and if it does not look good then I will look to have it penetrate through the lid as venting instead of the holes.

If anyone wants custom text feel free to message or post here.
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

Fabulous work guys. Those holders are the business, really sets it off
Do or do not, there is no try
tony

Post by tony »

Fantastic stuff, Mired in the basement at the moment but every time I venture above ground this amp seems to be getting closer to a work of art. Glad I signed on.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

ImageImage

preparing for no 1 of the line
this is also the order of installing components for psu
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

Sligolad wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:22 pm You got it Nige that will work and be symmetrical...once I get the first one printed next week and it feels fine I will start the printing of the 28 of them over the next 2 to 3 weeks.
The Lids should not take too long after that at just 14 of them.

Will start looking at adding text next and see how it works out, I will sink it into the lid and see how it prints and if it does not look good then I will look to have it penetrate through the lid as venting instead of the holes.

If anyone wants custom text feel free to message or post here.

is there such a thing as a 3d printing service anywhere, seems like a useful idea

dont go to much lengths over the addition of text as its not exactly essential

i wouldnt mind an additional pair of cradles for another experiment
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

hmmn...
looks like the cases wont be shipped till end of week, and the aluminium supplier hasnt put the order through yet
grunt.. not a great week for progress
will keep at it though

edit:
aluminium for fixings and mountings is now on route, that will keep me chipping away till the cases arrive
Sligolad

Post by Sligolad »

nige2000 wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:42 pm
is there such a thing as a 3d printing service anywhere, seems like a useful idea

dont go to much lengths over the addition of text as its not exactly essential

i wouldnt mind an additional pair of cradles for another experiment
There are professional companies I use for work like LPE in Belfast but they would be way too expensive for the kind of stuff you would be after Nige.
You would work out cheaper buying a bench mounted printer for 1k and doing it yourself if you were going to build some parts.

I have finally tweaked the prints and have started in earnest with a plan today so it looks like about 12 hours for the bottom cradle, 8 hours for the top cradle (slimmed it down to save time) and another 11 hours for the Top.
So about 30 hours per full cradle x 2 per Amp at 60 hours.
I have modeled a Top with "It Did Not Explode Yet" on it so lets see how it comes out.

I will start the Top half in the mornings and setup the Bottoms in the evening before I head home to print overnight.
By end of next week I should have a couple of sets ready and another week after that hopefully I will have the 7 sets ready.

I will throw in another set after that for the other project Nige.

Post by nige2000 »

dunno if these guys an be taken seriously
http://www.3dprintingpoint.ie/

thats 480hrs of printing you have there, or an obtainable 2 full cradles in 3 office days
sounds like a slow pain in the arse

if the cases come early next week
i hope to have a half assembled (till remaining parts arrive) but functional first amp made by end of next week