What are you listening to?

fergus

Re: What are you listening to?

Post by fergus »

Obrecht – Two versions of the Salve Regina, one for four voices and one for six voices....

....beautifully sung as always by the Oxford Camerata.
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
fergus

Post by fergus »

Op. 95.
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

fergus wrote:
DaveF wrote:Image
Magic!!!
It really is superb Fergus. Karajan's finest moment?
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

fergus wrote:
DaveF wrote:continuing with HvK this evening. Sibelius 4&5. Think I might be coming around Karajan's way with Sibelius.
I have not heard the EMI recordings but I know that Seán does not particularly like them. I only have the DG recordings and I honestly think that they are hard to beat.
I also have some of the EMI recordings on CD which didnt do anything for me. Perhaps it was some of that LP warmth that opened it up for me. I sure will check out those DG recordings.
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

A fine effort by Rattle and the Philharmonia/Birmingham Orchestra's.

DaveF

Post by DaveF »

on vinyl...

DaveF

Post by DaveF »

fergus

Post by fergus »

DaveF wrote:
fergus wrote:
DaveF wrote:Image
Magic!!!
It really is superb Fergus. Karajan's finest moment?
In relation to Ciaran's earlier comments (and he is not alone by a long way) I think that this is really beautiful music and have done so since the first time that I heard it. We are obviously a small minority as far as this is concerned Dave!
fergus

Post by fergus »

DaveF wrote:
fergus wrote:
DaveF wrote:continuing with HvK this evening. Sibelius 4&5. Think I might be coming around Karajan's way with Sibelius.
I have not heard the EMI recordings but I know that Seán does not particularly like them. I only have the DG recordings and I honestly think that they are hard to beat.
I also have some of the EMI recordings on CD which didnt do anything for me. Perhaps it was some of that LP warmth that opened it up for me. I sure will check out those DG recordings.
That is intriguing Dave....but I can understand it.
fergus

Post by fergus »