It didn't explode....... YET (aka niges amp)

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 22

nige2000

Re: It didn't explode....... YET (aka niges amp)

Post by nige2000 »

what about leaving the top exposed and running a strap down the center of the top piece ?
relieves the need for a lid
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
Sligolad

Post by Sligolad »

It is possible to bolt the top frame down without the lid Nige but for safety the lid might help any nasty accidents of dropping some thing conductive on top of the batteries with all those terminals exposed.

Will have a look at adding tabs on the ends for a strap across the middle for those more adventurous than me :-)

The lid will have the least of material and should not take long to print, hope to have the lid and rods printed tomorrow.

Post by Diapason »

Looks fab, really!
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

Sligolad wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:01 pm It is possible to bolt the top frame down without the lid Nige but for safety the lid might help any nasty accidents of dropping some thing conductive on top of the batteries with all those terminals exposed.

Will have a look at adding tabs on the ends for a strap across the middle for those more adventurous than me :-)

The lid will have the least of material and should not take long to print, hope to have the lid and rods printed tomorrow.
yes was starting to have an afterthought about the extra safety that lid brings
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

Savage

Do or do not, there is no try
Sligolad

Post by Sligolad »

I threw together another design yesterday as another option to allow more space down the sides, need to load some batteries in the test prints first to see if we can give up the side anchors and get away with just the 2 anchors on the ends.

The prints are highest speed and still feel solid though you do not get the smooth finish you see in the rendered pictures.
I modeled a strap across the top as well but forgot to render it before leaving work yesterday.

Anyway a last option that if strong enough might be the final design with the option of a strap down the middle as well.
This Cover has slots for the looped wiring given it is a narrower design.

I will give you a call Nige to organise meeting up over today or tomorrow to get some batteries and give you a feel for the test prints.

Post by Ivor »

Fascinating stuff lads. Tale a collective bow
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

Pearse called down earlier with the first examples of cradles

id guess it would me no harm to have the cells a little looser, its a smidge too tight
you can see in the pic a small bulge in the middle cell

i kinda like the lid now, and would be super cool if we could write, it did not explode... YET project and all our names after it?

theres a support ridge in the lid that would prevent wire links crossing it

anyway im super stoked the way things is shaping up

oh and we need to avoid putting bolts though the bottom vent, you can probably guess with the pic where they need to go
Sligolad

Post by Sligolad »

nige2000 wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:19 pm Image

id guess it would me no harm to have the cells a little looser, its a smidge too tight
you can see in the pic a small bulge in the middle cell

i kinda like the lid now, and would be super cool if we could write, it did not explode... YET project and all our names after it?

theres a support ridge in the lid that would prevent wire links crossing it

anyway im super stoked the way things is shaping up

oh and we need to avoid putting bolts though the bottom vent, you can probably guess with the pic where they need to go
I will add another 0.1mm to the width Nige and that should do it for fit, will test it next week on the batteries I took away with me.

Will experiment to see if I can add text to the Lid.

I will add a cut out to the rib in the middle of the Lid.

Regarding not putting bolts through the vents are you thinking of installing the Cases parallel to the 2 vent arrays like in the first Pic above or perpendicular like in the second Pic above?

I will build the next sample with the end fixing points in case you prefer to keep them parallel to the Vents.

Post by nige2000 »

this is sorta the layout

thanks for coming down with the cradles