MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
tony

Re: MQN

Post by tony »

cvrle59 wrote:"more foot tapping in 100000"
You can't measure certain things, but this explains the feelings!
+1

For whatever reason that version doesn't work for me loads but no play?
Must be something silly as Nigel runs this with the ciunas.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Sligolad

Post by Sligolad »

Aleg wrote: Pearse

Can you post the results from running WASAPI-test (found in test directory)?
It will show what combinations your driver /DAC is capable of handling when using the WASAPI-interface. Maybe there are some unexpected combination there?

Cheers

Aleg
Finally got 100000 pairing working but they will only play 16 44 but sounds very good.
Seems that when you have multiple folders with various couplets of MQN versions with MQNLoad the PC does not like swapping across folders between all the various versions.

When you do go back to a folder with a version that does not want to work any longer you are best to delete everything and replace files again with a reboot to have a chance of getting everything working again.

Have not even tried the Tasker install yet but I had tried changing priorities by right click in services before and could not tell any difference.

Hopefully next week I will get some time to give feedback on some versions now that I can get them running by persevering and by not changing across different MQNControl versions too often. Need to do a spring clean on all these versions all over my disk!
Tried the WASAPI test Aleg but could not get it to output the formats, tried all versions of long name but no go, must be missing something in DOS!!
Device is Speakers <XMOS XS1-T1 Audio> or something like that but no matter how I tried I could not get a list of formats.
Bad computer day methinks :-)

Post by sima66 »

tony wrote:
+1

Sorry Tony, but I guess that you missed the point!
Probably your foot taping is in wrong clock rate! :-))))))
I5 4440+TXCOmobo+JCAT Femto-Intona-JKRegen+HynesPS+TeraDak ATX-820W=JCATusb=DiverterHR=Wadia 931/922(GNSC mod)=PassLabsXA100.5=2xValhalla=Stacked&moded ESL57+JAS SuperTweet+2MJ Acoustics Ref.I
4SteinHarmonizers;RR777;Tellus;StillpointsUltraSS
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

tony wrote:
+1

try this in c:/
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/sv3qniqwhcrrmmc/IYJgMQmcxG

still less flow and reverb, timbre etc in r1.2 512 vs 100000
maybe too much bite in it doesn't feel natural
despite that think its improved over r1.1 512
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
cvrle59

Post by cvrle59 »

Playing 24 R1.2 512, very promissing, definitely better than R1.1.
i3 Haswell, PPAStudio USB3 card and USB Micro cable/Chord Hugo/Nad-275BEE/Harbeth-30.1
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

uploaded 24 bit R1.3 mqnplay, removed setting which gave forced sound

uploaded R1.1 24 bit mqncontrol which adjusts mmcss pro audio clock rate to the sample size/10 eg for 44.1 sample size is 116100 so clock rate for pro audio is set to 11610. It doesn't set it back to original setting.

works ok with mqnload, less so with mqn.bat because it opens 2 windows.

mqncontrol needs to be set to run as administrator so it can update the registry.
cvrle59

Post by cvrle59 »

R1.3 is the first version to compete to 100000, IMO. I am wondering how similar they are by design?
I need to listen more, but so far so good.
i3 Haswell, PPAStudio USB3 card and USB Micro cable/Chord Hugo/Nad-275BEE/Harbeth-30.1
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

cvrle59 wrote:R1.3 is the first version to compete to 100000, IMO. I am wondering how similar they are by design?
I need to listen more, but so far so good.
totally different.
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

uploaded 24 bit R1.4 mqnplay, added preload back into the render loop. Didn't think it would make that big a difference, but adds some life back into the sound.
sima66

Post by sima66 »

When the new versions comes out, I feel like I'm having a parrot in the house, or a broken record! I keep playing the same songs........over and over.......and over......... until I'm not sure anymore if the stereo is still playing, or is just the ringing in my head!

In the beginning my wife thought that I just like those songs very much..............now she's just looking to get me "adequate" help!

Tonight I listened to R1.1 512 (again), R1.3 512 and of course the famous 100000. Did not listened yet to R1.4.......I believe that would be "the last straw"!!!

When I'm "testing", I'm not looking for a specific "this or that", I just play the music what I usually listen, and choose the player what sounds the best to my taste and for my system.
Is it really the most perfect or the most precise one I don't really care as long as I'm happy! In the end, how will the movie stars look without a bit of makeup?! ;-)

All of those 3 versions sound different, but still I can't make my choice! I like them all........maybe R1.1 a bit more, but......!

What I do know is that my system never sounded this good!!! Crazy good!!! I'm afraid to be alone in the room, I have a feeling that the musicians are alive!!!
So, thank you Gordon for this wonderful player and thanks to Nigel for tweaking my PC.
THANK YOU GUYS!
I5 4440+TXCOmobo+JCAT Femto-Intona-JKRegen+HynesPS+TeraDak ATX-820W=JCATusb=DiverterHR=Wadia 931/922(GNSC mod)=PassLabsXA100.5=2xValhalla=Stacked&moded ESL57+JAS SuperTweet+2MJ Acoustics Ref.I
4SteinHarmonizers;RR777;Tellus;StillpointsUltraSS