What are you listening to?

fergus

Re: What are you listening to?

Post by fergus »

Seán wrote:Is that in preparation for Lance's programme on Saturday, I wonder?
Not really Seán....I started listening to that disc the other day. I do not really like to listen to more than one of Mahler's song cycles at a time....I like to let each one sink in.
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
fergus

Post by fergus »

That has actually been on my Wish List for a while now Dave....I am intrigued; what did you think of it?
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

fergus wrote:That has actually been on my Wish List for a while now Dave....I am intrigued; what did you think of it?
I only listened to the Quatuor No. 6 En Sol Mineur, Op. 24, which is also on the disc. I havent listened to the Stabat Mater yet.
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
fergus

Post by fergus »

DaveF wrote:
fergus wrote:That has actually been on my Wish List for a while now Dave....I am intrigued; what did you think of it?
I only listened to the Quatuor No. 6 En Sol Mineur, Op. 24, which is also on the disc. I havent listened to the Stabat Mater yet.
I have a different version of the Stabat Mater Dave and I wanted a second version for comparison....so I have this one in reserve. I would appreciate your comments when you have listened to it.
jaybee

Post by jaybee »

fergus wrote:
jaybee wrote:the rex tremendae... way too staccatto for my taste, especially on the "rex".... it seems to be a hemi-demi-semi quaver for "rex"

i prefer the nice legato "reeeexxxxx"
Could you sing that for us Johnny....just to illustrate the point????

can't seem to get cubase to work just now ;)
fergus

Post by fergus »

Beethoven – Symphonies 3 & 4 (Wand)...

No.3 was a very dignified and somewhat reserved performance, but most enjoyable....the slow movement was especially pleasing.
No. 4 was also most enjoyable.
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

fergus wrote:I have a different version of the Stabat Mater Dave and I wanted a second version for comparison....
Would it be this one by any chance? I have it too.

fergus

Post by fergus »

DaveF wrote:Would it be this one by any chance? I have it too.
The very one Dave!
Seán

Post by Seán »

No matter how often I listen to it I never ceased to be surprised by the sheer magnificence of this recording of Beethoven's wonderful Seventh Symphony. I love it.

Beethoven
Symphony no 7 in A major

Chicago Symphony Orchestra
Fritz Reiner conducting

Recorded in 1959
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler