MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
sbgk

Re: MQN

Post by sbgk »

see Lekt came up with some interesting insights

v2.76 raw used only one main function, runing by one thread/process, code very simple. as i said, windows audio likes simple, doesn't like much function when external calling and return value affect to sound, maybe these works make more dirty on RAM, not sure. do you know that open/read/close file are enemies of sound

must try them with MQn, oh wait - it was me that came up with them in the first place, Lekt you should really attribute your sources when copying otherwise it is plagiarism.
Aleg

Post by Aleg »

sbgk wrote:see Lekt came up with some interesting insights

v2.76 raw used only one main function, runing by one thread/process, code very simple. as i said, windows audio likes simple, doesn't like much function when external calling and return value affect to sound, maybe these works make more dirty on RAM, not sure. do you know that open/read/close file are enemies of sound

must try them with MQn, oh wait - it was me that came up with them in the first place, Lekt you should really attribute your sources when copying otherwise it is plagiarism.

Gordon, you do realise that plagiarism is what China's economy is built on?!
HDPLEX;picoPSU;ASUS Q87M;i7-4770T;PH SR7EHD;Server2012R2;Thesycon 2.24;
JCAT USB;Sonicweld DiverterHR2;Naim DC1;Chord Hugo;Morrow Audio MA6;Naim NAC-282,SuperCapDR;NAP-300;
AQ Cinnamon;GISO GB;Netgear Pro+XM21X;Cisco SG300;NAS-ZFS.
jesuscheung

Post by jesuscheung »

don't you think winamp had this simple idea 10 years ago?

try patent this great idea.
minionas

Post by minionas »

i personally never gonna even try a lekt player, because it is a copy of MQN. It's just personal principle, to be loyal, to the person who put and still puts so much effort and his time to develop such great player, while others are just plagiatising...i don't even care if that plagiate might even be better than it's unidentified sources..
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

jesuscheung wrote:don't you think winamp had this simple idea 10 years ago?

Don't think so, do you have any links ?

Your and Lekt's attitude is at odds with the ethos of this project and probably this forum.
jesuscheung

Post by jesuscheung »

sbgk wrote:

Your and Lekt's attitude is at odds with the ethos of this project and probably this forum.
i don't suspect they didn't. such a simple idea. seems like an idea a year 1 undergraduate bsc can come up with.
Ken Moreland

Post by Ken Moreland »

AVX2 V7 working fine for me on Haswell i3/Ciúnas playing 24/192
KM
i5 QuietPC , JplayFemto , Singxer SU-6 , Holo Audio Spring DAC ,LAB12 Preamp, Roundtree Mono Amps, Rosso Fiorentino Elba 2 Speakers
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

tried 100000 version and avx v7

100000 looses weight and gains resolution over v7
ive been lowering the clock rate in the pro audio settings im at 448 and get it difficult to tell difference less than that
i like the 100000 period but id like some of the weight back in it
raising the clock rate does this but at the expense of detail

anyone else try it?
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

jesuscheung wrote:
sbgk wrote:

i don't suspect they didn't. such a simple idea. seems like an idea a year 1 undergraduate bsc can come up with.
The fact is you didn't come up with it though and you don't have the grace to attribute the source. It was you guys who followed me here remember and I can't find a Lekt player that existed before MQn and most of what is in the Lekt thread exists in the various MQn threads.
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

Ken Moreland wrote:AVX2 V7 working fine for me on Haswell i3/Ciúnas playing 24/192
KM
think the 24/176 & 24/192 is a bit light weight so was thinking of a version with larger period size, also get the occasional glitch with it.