MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
sima66

Re: MQN

Post by sima66 »

cvrle59 wrote:You guys are "scared" by sima's signature, I've seen it live...lol!
That's reminds when I was a teenager boy and had the best "tools", but no idea how to use them! ;-)

"Signature" is only half of the job. The other half is your dedication in playing with, in tweaking, mix and match, fine tuning ...........fighting with your wife etc.
Like I just said in one of the other threads this hobby is a pure science! EVERYTHING MATTERS! From the size and shapes of the room, positioning (speakers, subs, yourself), clean power, vibrations isolation/damping, EMI-RFI,.........understanding neighbors! ;-)
The more I learn - the more I realize that I actually have no clue!!!

Back to MQn (one of the problems). ;-)
Since I still live in the "MQn Dark Ages" and, the only one from the latest MQn's shower, that is working in my system is the V4.
I can say that V4 is a big step over the V4 200000.
I5 4440+TXCOmobo+JCAT Femto-Intona-JKRegen+HynesPS+TeraDak ATX-820W=JCATusb=DiverterHR=Wadia 931/922(GNSC mod)=PassLabsXA100.5=2xValhalla=Stacked&moded ESL57+JAS SuperTweet+2MJ Acoustics Ref.I
4SteinHarmonizers;RR777;Tellus;StillpointsUltraSS
taggart

Post by taggart »

Aleg wrote: Gordon

That was the mqnplay.exe 24 bit avx hirez win 8.1-r2 pgo.exe

It only plays 44.1/16 and not any 24-bits. But that may be due to the 24-bits container instead of the 32-bits container I require.

The v5 sse4 version also works on the 16-bit and also does not work on the 24-bit.

Cheers

Aleg
Hi,
retested Aleg's combination, but does not give any sound via my WaveIO Board. Mqnplay.exe is still aborted after some seconds.
New Version v5 sse4 instead plays very well with all files up to 24/192.
Christoph
taggart

Post by taggart »

cvrle59 wrote:I know that "sima" will celebrate once he reads this after all the confusion he created by tasker, but we all have some weak moment.
I've been using mqnload for long time, and the last version of mqnplay I played before I tried to switch to avx was 200000 V4. Last night, I downloaded avx and core 2 V3 control. I used ctrl-space-bar to switch versions, but it did not work with core 2 V3 control. I went back to 200000 control and I was able to play all different formats, and it sounded so good as I already described it. Gordon made me thinking twice when he said that 200000 control should not work with avx. I came home today and I pressed ctrl-space-bar, and I found avx selected, but I switched to something else, and back to avx, and guess what. It did not work. I can think only about one thing that switch did not happen last night for some reason. My biggest problem at the moment is, why was I so impressed with what I was listening (it must've been 200000 as switch actually did not happen). I swear to the God, I did not have a drop of alcohol last night, I had to do my regular blood test this morning.
I am listening right now 200000, and it doesn't sound like it was last night. Am I just proving what I said long time ago in some other context, that we have some moments when music is really good.
I don't know any more, but I apologize to all of you for any kind of misleading, hopping that nobody is mad on me!
Cvrle59,
to avoid confusion about the active version of mqnplay.exe, mqnload GUI shows the checksum of the actually selected version. If playback is stopped, checksums of all versions and the selected version are newly calculated every time when loading GUI by pressing Alt+Space. So normally it should be easy to double check what version is selected. Could you reproduce the problem?
Christoph
Ken Moreland

Post by Ken Moreland »

Unfortunately no joy with the v5 sse4 version on 16 or 24 bit material using various mqncontrol versions.
Maybe someone else has it running on a Ciúnas?
KM
i5 QuietPC , JplayFemto , Singxer SU-6 , Holo Audio Spring DAC ,LAB12 Preamp, Roundtree Mono Amps, Rosso Fiorentino Elba 2 Speakers
cvrle59

Post by cvrle59 »

taggart wrote:
cvrle59 wrote:I know that "sima" will celebrate once he reads this after all the confusion he created by tasker, but we all have some weak moment.
I've been using mqnload for long time, and the last version of mqnplay I played before I tried to switch to avx was 200000 V4. Last night, I downloaded avx and core 2 V3 control. I used ctrl-space-bar to switch versions, but it did not work with core 2 V3 control. I went back to 200000 control and I was able to play all different formats, and it sounded so good as I already described it. Gordon made me thinking twice when he said that 200000 control should not work with avx. I came home today and I pressed ctrl-space-bar, and I found avx selected, but I switched to something else, and back to avx, and guess what. It did not work. I can think only about one thing that switch did not happen last night for some reason. My biggest problem at the moment is, why was I so impressed with what I was listening (it must've been 200000 as switch actually did not happen). I swear to the God, I did not have a drop of alcohol last night, I had to do my regular blood test this morning.
I am listening right now 200000, and it doesn't sound like it was last night. Am I just proving what I said long time ago in some other context, that we have some moments when music is really good.
I don't know any more, but I apologize to all of you for any kind of misleading, hopping that nobody is mad on me!
Cvrle59,
to avoid confusion about the active version of mqnplay.exe, mqnload GUI shows the checksum of the actually selected version. If playback is stopped, checksums of all versions and the selected version are newly calculated every time when loading GUI by pressing Alt+Space. So normally it should be easy to double check what version is selected. Could you reproduce the problem?
Christoph
I've been going back a forth so many times since I started using mqnload, and I really didn't pay attention to the details, same two nights ago. Last night I tried numerous times, looking into the folder, and I could see how mqnplay.exe gets deleted and created again, once the version is switched. That's not a big issue to me, it bathers me more why I was so impressed with SQ. I listened last night the same music, but simply, it wasn't there.
i3 Haswell, PPAStudio USB3 card and USB Micro cable/Chord Hugo/Nad-275BEE/Harbeth-30.1
Clive

Post by Clive »

Ken Moreland wrote:Unfortunately no joy with the v5 sse4 version on 16 or 24 bit material using various mqncontrol versions.
KM
I can't get the avx version working on my ivy bridge i5 but there's no problem with v5 sse4 into my Octave and a pal has it working fine into his Ciúnas.
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

Clive wrote:
Ken Moreland wrote:Unfortunately no joy with the v5 sse4 version on 16 or 24 bit material using various mqncontrol versions.
KM
I can't get the avx version working on my ivy bridge i5 but there's no problem with v5 sse4 into my Octave and a pal has it working fine into his Ciúnas.
avx version requires avx2 which means haswell and later
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

thought the avx and v5 versions were a bit digital sounding. Found another way of doing things and have uploaded avx2 v2 for 24 bit. Sounds really good so far.

shall do a v6 version for other cpus.
Ken Moreland

Post by Ken Moreland »

sbgk, I'm using i3-4130 Haswell and JK Ciúnas but no success so far with AVX version or V5 sse4, other Hirez versions work beautifully.
KM
i5 QuietPC , JplayFemto , Singxer SU-6 , Holo Audio Spring DAC ,LAB12 Preamp, Roundtree Mono Amps, Rosso Fiorentino Elba 2 Speakers
Ken Moreland

Post by Ken Moreland »

I shall try avx2 and v6 versions tomorrow. What mqncontrol version do you recommend?
KM

PS Clive, thanks for the info.