Jazz - What's your bag, man?

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
Ivor

Re: Jazz - What's your bag, man?

Post by Ivor »

On CD.

Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Derek

Post by Derek »

Ivor, I didn't take you for a Monk Fan
NigeAmp, NigeSD DAC, Airtight ATM-4, Ruark Accolades, Pink Triangle TT, Roksan Artimiz, Clearaudio Discovery, Tom Evans Microgroove Plus, Fran DAC, Dalkey Audio Interconnects.
Derek

Post by Derek »

Gerry D wrote:Got this last week. Super sounds. Turns out theat Pink isn't a bad singer ...
... and some excellent Irish contribution !
Herbie Hancock - Imagine Project

I got his the day it was released and think it's by far the worst thing he has done.

The talent he brought together is mind numbing (except for John Legend who should go back to the day job) but it just doesn't gel.
When you have Alex Acuna, India Arie, Jeff Beck,Vinnie Colaiuta, Ceu, Derek Trucks , Susan Tedeschi, Toumani Diabete, Lisa Hannigan,Tinariwen, Los Lobos, Anoushka Shankar, Chaka Khan, and half a dozen more you think this would be a real show stopper but no, a miserable damp squib of a thing anybody want CD? Send stamped addressed envelope...
NigeAmp, NigeSD DAC, Airtight ATM-4, Ruark Accolades, Pink Triangle TT, Roksan Artimiz, Clearaudio Discovery, Tom Evans Microgroove Plus, Fran DAC, Dalkey Audio Interconnects.
Seán

Post by Seán »

Ivor wrote:On CD.

Ivor, you do surprise me and Derek too for that matter. By the way I love Monk's music.
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
Seán

Post by Seán »

Derek wrote:
Gerry D wrote:Got this last week. Super sounds. Turns out theat Pink isn't a bad singer ...
... and some excellent Irish contribution !
Herbie Hancock - Imagine Project

I got his the day it was released and think it's by far the worst thing he has done.

The talent he brought together is mind numbing (except for John Legend who should go back to the day job) but it just doesn't gel.
When you have Alex Acuna, India Arie, Jeff Beck,Vinnie Colaiuta, Ceu, Derek Trucks , Susan Tedeschi, Toumani Diabete, Lisa Hannigan,Tinariwen, Los Lobos, Anoushka Shankar, Chaka Khan, and half a dozen more you think this would be a real show stopper but no, a miserable damp squib of a thing anybody want CD? Send stamped addressed envelope...
Eh, no thanks. [smile]
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
Seán

Post by Seán »

DaveF wrote:Image
Joe Morello was a lovely drummer, he was the unsung hero of that group, Desmond was a class act too.
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Seán wrote:Ivor, you do surprise me and Derek too for that matter. By the way I love Monk's music.
Sur' what's not to like? But I do have to be in the mood for it.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

on the TT...

"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
Seán

Post by Seán »

DaveF wrote:on the TT...

Big Band Basie is Beautiful.
fergus

Post by fergus »

Seán wrote:Big Band Basie is Beautiful.
Almighty alliteration amigo!!!
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra