MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
sbgk

Re: MQN

Post by sbgk »

Sligolad wrote:Forgot to update you Tony that I rebuilt my audio PC last weekend....now have MSI B85M-G43 m-ATX Mobo with Intel Core i7 4770S, 1150, Haswell, Processor.
Bit of a gamble at the last minute and I could not get the PPA CF Drive to work with it so the OS is on the Samsung SSD and sounds OK.

Look forward to trying it out Gordon, will try it after work tomorrow evening and hopefully have it up and running for the show.
Cheers,
Pearse.
shall get the optimised 24 bit version out tomorrow night.

have uploaded an avx 24 bit unoptimised version that plays hirez, it is a big step up, very clean, live, revealing sound.

Hope to get the optimised version working tomorrow.
jesuscheung

Post by jesuscheung »

avx versions not working. threw an exception
cvrle59

Post by cvrle59 »

I seem to be lucky that 24 avx is working on my system, 16/44, 24/96 and 24/192 tested. I am using 200000 control program for.
It is damn good, all I can say for now. It takes advantage of hirez, big time... unreal.
i3 Haswell, PPAStudio USB3 card and USB Micro cable/Chord Hugo/Nad-275BEE/Harbeth-30.1
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

cvrle59 wrote:I seem to be lucky that 24 avx is working on my system, 16/44, 24/96 and 24/192 tested. I am using 200000 control program for.
It is damn good, all I can say for now. It takes advantage of hirez, big time... unreal.
don't think 200000 control would work, but haven't tested it.

Have uploaded an optimised version (pgo)

just tested control 200000 with 24/192 and it doesn't work, I am using control hirez v1, shall do a 200000 version later, 16/44, 24/44, 16/48 and 24/48 should work for you.
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

tony wrote:What you at? Risking the computer audiophools reputation on untested equipment!!
None of that matters, because none of the non-believers at Scalford will allow themselves to hear a difference even if it's there. You're not truly expecting converts I hope? ;)

Best of luck anyway. I'll be interested to hear your thoughts on the show in general, and I hope you get to enjoy an ale or two while you're there.
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
tony

Post by tony »

Diapason wrote:
tony wrote:What you at? Risking the computer audiophools reputation on untested equipment!!
None of that matters, because none of the non-believers at Scalford will allow themselves to hear a difference even if it's there. You're not truly expecting converts I hope? ;)

Best of luck anyway. I'll be interested to hear your thoughts on the show in general, and I hope you get to enjoy an ale or two while you're there.

Thanks Simon looking forward to it. Pearse has the hard bit lugging all his gear by van to the UK.My mission is just to enjoy it.On the converts no it would be a miserable chore to concentrate on that. The selection of gear on view is fantastic so the chance to get to hear some of that gear in a more relaxed setting then a commercial show is very appealing. Stacked quads,horns galore, Lampizator dac,Modwright stuff,Tannoy's, various set amps etc etc.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Yep, sounds like the right spirit there, and I don't doubt you'll enjoy it all. Anyway, back to MQn. I'll sod off now.
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
cvrle59

Post by cvrle59 »

sbgk wrote:
cvrle59 wrote:I seem to be lucky that 24 avx is working on my system, 16/44, 24/96 and 24/192 tested. I am using 200000 control program for.
don't think 200000 control would work, but haven't tested it.

Have uploaded an optimised version (pgo)

just tested control 200000 with 24/192 and it doesn't work, I am using control hirez v1, shall do a 200000 version later, 16/44, 24/44, 16/48 and 24/48 should work for you.
That is weird, I tried one you suggested, and it didn't work. That made me little disappointed, I quickly discovered that 200000 works like charm. I will double check tonight to make sure that some other control jumped in accidentally.

BTW, I don't know what you've done to create such a step in SQ, especially hirez files. They are shining like never before, I can justify easily the size and price of those by now. That doesn't mean that 16/44 hasn't improved either, but for the first time I can hear a lot more coming from 24/96 and 24/192 that I owe at the moment. I was listening "Meet me in London" (24/192) last night, and the texture on the base especially, was incredible.
Elvis's Fever from "The Essential Elvis Presley" (HDtrack 24/96), blew my mind, that I had to call my wive for second opinion to make sure that I wasn't going crazy. His voice was incredible, and everything else on in it. I was wondering how well recorded that stuff was in those days.
I don't care what people say about you...but, you are the Master of computer playback at this moment!...LOL.
i3 Haswell, PPAStudio USB3 card and USB Micro cable/Chord Hugo/Nad-275BEE/Harbeth-30.1
Ken Moreland

Post by Ken Moreland »

The earlier Hirez versions are working superbly via my Ciúnas, more depth, detail and presence from Hirez than other players. I've been trying to get the AVX version working but to no avail. I'm using a Haswell i3 with Server R2, I've tried various MQNcontrol progs . Any other Ciúnas devotees out there having any success (looking at you Tony )?
KM
i5 QuietPC , JplayFemto , Singxer SU-6 , Holo Audio Spring DAC ,LAB12 Preamp, Roundtree Mono Amps, Rosso Fiorentino Elba 2 Speakers
Ken Moreland

Post by Ken Moreland »

The earlier Hirez versions are working superbly via my Ciúnas, more depth, detail and presence from Hirez than other players. I've been trying to get the AVX version working but to no avail. I'm using a Haswell i3 with Server R2, I've tried various MQNcontrol progs . Any other Ciúnas devotees out there having any success (looking at you Tony )?
KM
i5 QuietPC , JplayFemto , Singxer SU-6 , Holo Audio Spring DAC ,LAB12 Preamp, Roundtree Mono Amps, Rosso Fiorentino Elba 2 Speakers