MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
sima66

Re: MQN

Post by sima66 »

My last version for HiRez was 2.71 and 2.73 448 for 16/44.
I tried the last V3 version against the 2.73 448 and I liked the bass and details better, but still missed the voice of the 448. In the end it was just another compromise. Fitting different recordings with a different version.
Today, for the first time I tried the 200000 versions, expecting nothing different than the last time. I was very pleasantly surprised. For me that is the best MQn I ever heard (24 bit V4 win8.1-r2 200000).
Using it with Tasker even doubled the quality. Don't know why, but Tasker works the best with "24bit V4 win8.1-r2 200000", at least in my system.
Usually Tasker gives better bass and highs, but sometimes the voice can be too annoying. With this version it's even calming the voice.

Now I can't stop wondering how this version will sound in HiRez?

So, Gordon, is there a possibility to adapt this version to work like 2.71's in HiRez, for the people who can't use it now? If you won't do it for me, at least do it for Aleg! ;-))
I5 4440+TXCOmobo+JCAT Femto-Intona-JKRegen+HynesPS+TeraDak ATX-820W=JCATusb=DiverterHR=Wadia 931/922(GNSC mod)=PassLabsXA100.5=2xValhalla=Stacked&moded ESL57+JAS SuperTweet+2MJ Acoustics Ref.I
4SteinHarmonizers;RR777;Tellus;StillpointsUltraSS
jesuscheung

Post by jesuscheung »

have a go on hirez v1. works fine with 16/44 and also 24/96.

like 200000, bass > treble. yes sima66. if system is alright bright and more treble than norm, this version totally fixes the issue.

vs traditional mqn
energy and sweetness not the same. timing feels similar (eg fast drum).
weak details is more revealing than old wasapi mqn.
smooth/mellow together with good texture. not clean.

think need sweetness, more clean, more energy. can totally beat old mqn.
DJ le Roi

Post by DJ le Roi »

Is it possible to use Mqnload and Tasker together?
Aleg

Post by Aleg »

DJ le Roi wrote:Is it possible to use Mqnload and Tasker together?
Not as easy as you can with mqn.bat

You would have to put mqnload and tasker in one batch, but the difficult thing is you don't know when mqnload will start the mqncontrol and mqnplay, because it might do a flac conversion before that and you don't know how long that will take.

I didn't try it, but you could just put mqnload first and all tasker calls behind it.
Maybe mqnload will start mqncontrol and mqnplay in a separate window and you can just run the taskers behind mqnload.
It might also be that mqnload owns the windows of mqncontrol and mqnplay and will not finish to run the taskers until the music has finished. In this case it won't work obviously.

Did you manage with high res playback on your Teac?

Cheers

Aleg
HDPLEX;picoPSU;ASUS Q87M;i7-4770T;PH SR7EHD;Server2012R2;Thesycon 2.24;
JCAT USB;Sonicweld DiverterHR2;Naim DC1;Chord Hugo;Morrow Audio MA6;Naim NAC-282,SuperCapDR;NAP-300;
AQ Cinnamon;GISO GB;Netgear Pro+XM21X;Cisco SG300;NAS-ZFS.
DJ le Roi

Post by DJ le Roi »

Aleg wrote:
DJ le Roi wrote:Is it possible to use Mqnload and Tasker together?
Not as easy as you can with mqn.bat

You would have to put mqnload and tasker in one batch, but the difficult thing is you don't know when mqnload will start the mqncontrol and mqnplay, because it might do a flac conversion before that and you don't know how long that will take.

I didn't try it, but you could just put mqnload first and all tasker calls behind it.
Maybe mqnload will start mqncontrol and mqnplay in a separate window and you can just run the taskers behind mqnload.
It might also be that mqnload owns the windows of mqncontrol and mqnplay and will not finish to run the taskers until the music has finished. In this case it won't work obviously.

Did you manage with high res playback on your Teac?

Cheers

Aleg
Thanks again, Aleg, for your help. I hope it works.
Yes, finally, I managed to play high res on my Teac Dac.
This was the solution: "If you encounter any problems of playing decoded flac files (especially hires files), this may be caused by ffmpeg. In this case place flac.exe in codecs subdirectory as well. If flac.exe is found by MQnLoad it is used for flac decoding instead of ffmpeg.exe. Download: http://www.rarewares.org/lossless.php Choose: FLAC v.1.3.0 win32 bundle OR FLAC v.1.3.0 win64 bundle"
After I placed flac.exe in the codecs subdirectory, it worked!
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

tony wrote: Are you going to do more with MQn or have a look at the tweakers rash thread?
yes, shall keep tinkering. it may not be better than a pure hardware solution, but there are a lot of people who find a windows player to be more convenient/compatible with their existing setup.
sima66

Post by sima66 »

sbgk wrote:
tony wrote: Are you going to do more with MQn or have a look at the tweakers rash thread?
yes, shall keep tinkering. it may not be better than a pure hardware solution, but there are a lot of people who find a windows player to be more convenient/compatible with their existing setup.
Nice put and very true.
I5 4440+TXCOmobo+JCAT Femto-Intona-JKRegen+HynesPS+TeraDak ATX-820W=JCATusb=DiverterHR=Wadia 931/922(GNSC mod)=PassLabsXA100.5=2xValhalla=Stacked&moded ESL57+JAS SuperTweet+2MJ Acoustics Ref.I
4SteinHarmonizers;RR777;Tellus;StillpointsUltraSS
cvrle59

Post by cvrle59 »

sbgk wrote:
I am certainly one of those who likes flexibility of a computer (windows), so MQn did convert my tiny system into a giant, that I wasn't even dreaming about.
Thank you Gordon, I am tuned in for future improvements.

P.S. I read a lot of nice words about 200000 version. I would like to join that club saying, it is the best sounding version on my system, so far. I've tested 16/44, 24/96 and 24/192.
i3 Haswell, PPAStudio USB3 card and USB Micro cable/Chord Hugo/Nad-275BEE/Harbeth-30.1
Clive

Post by Clive »

I'm a little confused with Tasker. Is this something that was used first with JLP? Can it be installed without any squeeze software? Maybe it needs it's own thread.....or I've not spotted it.
Aleg

Post by Aleg »

Clive wrote:I'm a little confused with Tasker. Is this something that was used first with JLP? Can it be installed without any squeeze software? Maybe it needs it's own thread.....or I've not spotted it.
Clive

Tasker is not related to JLP.

Tasker is a program (made by Taggart) which assigns a program to a specific core in a multicore CPU (called affinity) and sets a specific priority level for that program.
I have used it to assign mqnplay and mqncontrol each to its own processor core and all other programs to the remaining cores.
Beside that I set mqnplay to realtime priority, but results are not appreciated by everybody so is probably system specific.

See post here: viewtopic.php?p=52179#p52179
for the changes I made to the MQn.bat file for calling tasker.exe

Cheers

Aleg
HDPLEX;picoPSU;ASUS Q87M;i7-4770T;PH SR7EHD;Server2012R2;Thesycon 2.24;
JCAT USB;Sonicweld DiverterHR2;Naim DC1;Chord Hugo;Morrow Audio MA6;Naim NAC-282,SuperCapDR;NAP-300;
AQ Cinnamon;GISO GB;Netgear Pro+XM21X;Cisco SG300;NAS-ZFS.