MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
sima66

Re: MQN

Post by sima66 »

nige2000 wrote:wow i just blinked and three pages of posts appeared

yes v3 is good

what pro audio settings is recommended?

on quick listen of 16 44
compared to 2.73 448

the sse4 v3 mostly better
not just as detailed but very close
as usual sse4 doesnt have as as low of a noise floor as sse2

have a soft spot for sse4's

24 bit is great and easily better than the conversions on 2.73

have not decided which i prefer yet

Adam you need the right pathway otherwise it doesn't work properly
the pathway points to whats to be prioritised
Agree Nigel, but this way it sounds the best!!! With the right pathway I can't listen........to bright!!!
That's why I spent half day in trying!
The question is what is happening with the wrong pathway that it make sound better?!
I5 4440+TXCOmobo+JCAT Femto-Intona-JKRegen+HynesPS+TeraDak ATX-820W=JCATusb=DiverterHR=Wadia 931/922(GNSC mod)=PassLabsXA100.5=2xValhalla=Stacked&moded ESL57+JAS SuperTweet+2MJ Acoustics Ref.I
4SteinHarmonizers;RR777;Tellus;StillpointsUltraSS
Aleg

Post by Aleg »

sima66 wrote:
nige2000 wrote:wow i just blinked and three pages of posts appeared

yes v3 is good

what pro audio settings is recommended?

on quick listen of 16 44
compared to 2.73 448

the sse4 v3 mostly better
not just as detailed but very close
as usual sse4 doesnt have as as low of a noise floor as sse2

have a soft spot for sse4's

24 bit is great and easily better than the conversions on 2.73

have not decided which i prefer yet

Adam you need the right pathway otherwise it doesn't work properly
the pathway points to whats to be prioritised
Agree Nigel, but this way it sounds the best!!! With the right pathway I can't listen........to bright!!!
That's why I spent half day in trying!
The question is what is happening with the wrong pathway that it make sound better?!

Adam
I'm not sure what pathways you are talking about.

The pathway in the second line of the mqn.bat behind the "cd"-command needs to point to the directory where you are running this mqn.bat from and where the mqnplay and mqncontrol are located that you want to test, otherwise it will change to a different directory and run the programs from the other directory and not your current directory (that would also mean a different version of mqnplay and mqncontrol which could explain the differences you are hearing).

The tasker command needs to have its proper path otherwise it cannot be found, but that would show immediately as an error message.

The mqnplay.exe and mqncontrol.exe behind the tasker-command don't need a pathway, as they are selected from the proces list just by name. You can always do the check in taskmanager and change it manually if you want to see what effect it has. I explained before how to do it manually.

I don't notice any 'brightening' of sound by just changing to realtime priority. It becomes better defined and moves slightly forward, all in all I would say it becomes a bit more focussed.

So I would make sure you are actually testing the versions that you want to test.

Another question:
Are you able to play 96/24 on the Diverter? I would think not, but want to check.
I believe it is because only 16-bit and 32-bit containers are supported and Gordon made a 24-bit version for the Ciunas and JKenny users.

Cheers

Aleg
HDPLEX;picoPSU;ASUS Q87M;i7-4770T;PH SR7EHD;Server2012R2;Thesycon 2.24;
JCAT USB;Sonicweld DiverterHR2;Naim DC1;Chord Hugo;Morrow Audio MA6;Naim NAC-282,SuperCapDR;NAP-300;
AQ Cinnamon;GISO GB;Netgear Pro+XM21X;Cisco SG300;NAS-ZFS.
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

uploaded 200000 versions of control and play
jesuscheung

Post by jesuscheung »

200000 versions. haha... haven't tested mqn for a while. let's see...

bass quantity is better than most versions if not all versions from what i can remember
missing some treble. air could be better. so, some energy is hidden.
vocal, drum etc ends quite long in terms of time. impressive at first sight. feels a bit long after a while?
soundstage better than all versions prior to 2.71.

thx
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

jesuscheung wrote:200000 versions. haha... haven't tested mqn for a while. let's see...

bass quantity is better than most versions if not all versions from what i can remember
missing some treble. air could be better. so, some energy is hidden.
vocal, drum etc ends quite long in terms of time. impressive at first sight. feels a bit long after a while?
soundstage better than all versions prior to 2.71.

thx
lol
thats what i thought too
two hundred thousand versions
we will be busy
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
Clive

Post by Clive »

Thanks Gordon, at last I can play 24/96 via my Metrum Octave mkII.

I'm using V3 sse4 win8.1-r2; the trouble is that I've lost my reference as I've just changed the main driver in my speakers. Sounding great though!
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

200000 refers to the period size in 100 ns ie 20ms which some devices seem to require

Have remembered some sse4 tweaks, so shall do another version later.

Aleg, are you saying your issue is because you require 32 bit containers ?
Aleg

Post by Aleg »

sbgk wrote:200000 refers to the period size in 100 ns ie 20ms which some devices seem to require

Have remembered some sse4 tweaks, so shall do another version later.

Aleg, are you saying your issue is because you require 32 bit containers ?
Gordon

I suppose it is.

I ran WASAPI-test and it showed only 16 and 32 bit container support on exclusive mode (event, non-event was not different).
Unless I misinterpreted the results. (First colum sample frequency, second column container size).
I'm at work now, so I can't show the results of the WASAPI-tests.

The 32-bit container MQn versions were just working fine on the Diverter HR2/Thesycon combination.

Cheers

Aleg
HDPLEX;picoPSU;ASUS Q87M;i7-4770T;PH SR7EHD;Server2012R2;Thesycon 2.24;
JCAT USB;Sonicweld DiverterHR2;Naim DC1;Chord Hugo;Morrow Audio MA6;Naim NAC-282,SuperCapDR;NAP-300;
AQ Cinnamon;GISO GB;Netgear Pro+XM21X;Cisco SG300;NAS-ZFS.
taggart

Post by taggart »

cvrle59 wrote:
nige2000 wrote: was thinking

is it possible to incorporate tasker implementation into mqnload and add a converter to convert all track files to 16 bit 44 wav

would be handy
+1
That would be possible, yes. But things are constantly changing at the moment. So, does it make much sense to work on programs that might not be used anymore next month?
Cheers, Christoph
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

taggart wrote:
cvrle59 wrote:
nige2000 wrote: was thinking

is it possible to incorporate tasker implementation into mqnload and add a converter to convert all track files to 16 bit 44 wav

would be handy
+1
That would be possible, yes. But things are constantly changing at the moment. So, does it make much sense to work on programs that might not be used anymore next month?
Cheers, Christoph
i know what you mean
thanks
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's