MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
tony

Re: MQN

Post by tony »

For once not sitting on the fence looking in all 3 versions work fine for me on any resolution I have tried.
TBH I find it hard to tell them apart. I think the first two are just a little smoother but V3 is really detailed(in a good way)

Tried a selection fo 16bit and everything is sounded really good I think the SACD Kind of Blue was the wrong hires to start off with.
You can happily retire now Gordon!
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
tony

Post by tony »

Pearse had a really good post today but it unfortunately disappeared. It was about a few things but he mentioned the ciunas vs the meitner the other night and how sharper recordings sounded smoother on the ciunas. The opposite was the case when comparing the ciunas vs meitner when using zuma's. The laptop gave a more rounded(truncated) delivery which Pearse found easier on the ears.

Some of his other stuff related to Alegs posts and just wanted to agree with both. Systems and peoples preferences all come into play here and influence what we are posting. If I was listening using the ciunas with laptop I would be reporting everything sounding smooth but that is not the case with the zuma as more detail comes through and that can be tiring at times.

Still think MQn is better than any other player at soundstage and detail. We all know it aint bells and whistles but it is my preference for playback by a long way.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

tony wrote:For once not sitting on the fence looking in all 3 versions work fine for me on any resolution I have tried.
TBH I find it hard to tell them apart. I think the first two are just a little smoother but V3 is really detailed(in a good way)

Tried a selection fo 16bit and everything is sounded really good I think the SACD Kind of Blue was the wrong hires to start off with.
You can happily retire now Gordon!
v3 handles bass a bit better.
cvrle59

Post by cvrle59 »

"You can happily retire now Gordon!"
Are you killing me Tony?...24 dream didn't get through yet on my side..:)
i3 Haswell, PPAStudio USB3 card and USB Micro cable/Chord Hugo/Nad-275BEE/Harbeth-30.1
tony

Post by tony »

cvrle59 wrote:"You can happily retire now Gordon!"
Are you killing me Tony?...24 dream didn't get through yet on my side..:)
Ah Gordon will never retire will probably have v25 by next week ! He will have to work on a little bit more to get you there.
I feel the pain I had it for 9 months!!

Gordon![/quote]

v3 handles bass a bit better.[/quote]

Too delighted to hear any nuances like that tonight.
Aleg

Post by Aleg »

sbgk wrote:
Aleg wrote:
Gordon

MMCSS is running and it is just the 24-bit files that won't run.

Cheers

Aleg
I had 24 bit test versions of MQn, did you ever try those and did they work ?
I am using 2.71 which play all high res just fine. Albeit in a 32-bit container.

Found it: WASAPI-test shows my DDC-drivers only do 16- and 32-bit containers in Exclusive mode. It is just in non-exclusive mode that 24-bit container is supported.

So that's it than.
Any chance of supporting also 32-bit containers beside the new 24-bit container?

Cheers

Aleg
HDPLEX;picoPSU;ASUS Q87M;i7-4770T;PH SR7EHD;Server2012R2;Thesycon 2.24;
JCAT USB;Sonicweld DiverterHR2;Naim DC1;Chord Hugo;Morrow Audio MA6;Naim NAC-282,SuperCapDR;NAP-300;
AQ Cinnamon;GISO GB;Netgear Pro+XM21X;Cisco SG300;NAS-ZFS.
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

cvrle59 wrote:Gordon,
If I'm correct we went through this discussion when you introduced 2.72 and 2.73 versions. My DAC has limits with buffer size. I think 20ms would make it work, 10ms definitely didn't work.
ok, good spot, shall do one with bigger buffers.
cvrle59

Post by cvrle59 »

Yeeeeaaa...are we not a peaceful family again, like in old days!!!
Sorry, just went through my mind, so I wanted to share it...
i3 Haswell, PPAStudio USB3 card and USB Micro cable/Chord Hugo/Nad-275BEE/Harbeth-30.1
sima66

Post by sima66 »

I tried and compared the Tasker and Real Time mode in 2.73 448........for a couple of hours today!
Comparing to "Normal" mode "Real Time" was sharper and better definition, but to bright for me, not enough body and I could not last for long!

That was with the RIGHT path in the Batch file.
When I tried same thing, but without changing to the right path in Batch file, I got perfect sound! Very sharp, detailed and with full body! Perfect!!

I'm very bad with computers, but is there any logical explanation for this?!
I checked in Task Manger during the play and both times the player was playing in Real Time mode.

"I might be crazy, but I like it"! ;-)
I5 4440+TXCOmobo+JCAT Femto-Intona-JKRegen+HynesPS+TeraDak ATX-820W=JCATusb=DiverterHR=Wadia 931/922(GNSC mod)=PassLabsXA100.5=2xValhalla=Stacked&moded ESL57+JAS SuperTweet+2MJ Acoustics Ref.I
4SteinHarmonizers;RR777;Tellus;StillpointsUltraSS
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

wow i just blinked and three pages of posts appeared

yes v3 is good

what pro audio settings is recommended?

on quick listen of 16 44
compared to 2.73 448

the sse4 v3 mostly better
not just as detailed but very close
as usual sse4 doesnt have as as low of a noise floor as sse2

have a soft spot for sse4's

24 bit is great and easily better than the conversions on 2.73

have not decided which i prefer yet

Adam you need the right pathway otherwise it doesn't work properly
the pathway points to whats to be prioritised
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's