Recent Purchases

fergus

Re: Recent Purchases

Post by fergus »

DaveF wrote:
fergus wrote: Image
This is pretty much the only version of Symphony 3 that I like for some reason.
That sounds promising Dave....I am looking forward to hearing it.
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
fergus

Post by fergus »

Seán wrote:Image
WOW....you have bought it! I am really looking forward to reading your comments on that set Seán.
Ciaran

Post by Ciaran »

Three new Mahler CDs:

The Hamburg 1893 version of Mahler 1, including Blumine. Most versions which include Blumine tack it on to the published 1899 Berlin version, in which the other movements have been revised subsequent to the removal of Blumine: 1893 was its last appearance. (Netherlands SO/de Vriend)

Gergiev in M7.

Norrington and the Stuttgart Orchestra in M9. No vibrato, speeds quite fleet. You hear a lot. I like it.
fergus

Post by fergus »

Ciaran wrote:Norrington and the Stuttgart Orchestra in M9. No vibrato, speeds quite fleet. You hear a lot. I like it.
Sounds quite intriguing Ciaran....my interest has been piqued.
fergus

Post by fergus »

Jared

Post by Jared »

^^ ooooh Fergus... the first classical CD I actually purchased, just over 2 years ago!! I personally love all three disks in that series; the recording quality is superb... please let me know what you think...
fergus

Post by fergus »

Jared wrote:^^ ooooh Fergus... the first classical CD I actually purchased, just over 2 years ago!! I personally love all three disks in that series; the recording quality is superb... please let me know what you think...
Of course I will....and I am holding you personally responsible for this one mate!!!
Ciaran

Post by Ciaran »

The new CD of the Naïve Vivaldi Edition: Bassoon Concertos 1 with Sergio Azzolini.

Volume 11 of Kuijken's ongoing series of Cantatas for the Liturgical Year. Includes the wonderful BWV 12 Weinen, klagen, sorgen, zagen.

Lotti's Requiem.
Jared

Post by Jared »

fergus wrote:
Of course I will....and I am holding you personally responsible for this one mate!!!
I can see you and Hummel going together very well indeed... I think he's very underrated actually, and even Beethoven himself was a great admirer of his work. I don't really understand why there are so few recordings of his choral works.
Ciaran

Post by Ciaran »

More Zelenka: all from cdmusic.cz, which I find the cheapest source for Czech labels.

An early (1995) top billing for Magdalena Kožená.

This serenata (somewhere between oratorio and opera), Il Diamante was very enthusiastically received in International Record Review recently.