Americana and suchlike

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
Derek

Re: Americana and suchlike

Post by Derek »

Recorded on '50's mic's and equipment and even to tape, Yummy!
NigeAmp, NigeSD DAC, Airtight ATM-4, Ruark Accolades, Pink Triangle TT, Roksan Artimiz, Clearaudio Discovery, Tom Evans Microgroove Plus, Fran DAC, Dalkey Audio Interconnects.
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Derek wrote:Image

Recorded on '50's mic's and equipment and even to tape, Yummy!
I like everything I've heard from those two. A lot.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Derek

Post by Derek »

I took a flyer on this, didn’t know anything about him.
Great to report it blew my socks off.
Hasn’t been off the player

Find out more here http://www.billmorrissey.net/
NigeAmp, NigeSD DAC, Airtight ATM-4, Ruark Accolades, Pink Triangle TT, Roksan Artimiz, Clearaudio Discovery, Tom Evans Microgroove Plus, Fran DAC, Dalkey Audio Interconnects.
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

a rare 1974 recording only available on vinyl I believe. Anyway, if you like this sort of music I'd highly recommend it.

"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
cybot

Post by cybot »

DaveF wrote:a rare 1974 recording only available on vinyl I believe. Anyway, if you like this sort of music I'd highly recommend it.

What's your impression of the Lilith label Dave? I ain't sayin' nuthin' :-)
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

cybot wrote:What's your impression of the Lilith label Dave? I ain't sayin' nuthin' :-)
Havent come across the label before Dermot. It's certainly not the best pressing I've come across but thankfully it didnt take away from the enjoyment of the record.
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
cybot

Post by cybot »

DaveF wrote:
cybot wrote:What's your impression of the Lilith label Dave? I ain't sayin' nuthin' :-)
Havent come across the label before Dermot. It's certainly not the best pressing I've come across but thankfully it didnt take away from the enjoyment of the record.
Exactly what I thought you'd say :-)))....and you're right. AFAIK it's a Russian label. They did a good job of two rare Fleetwood Mac albums ( Boston Live - 4 Lp set and Live in London '68 plus
cd) aesthetically speaking but the sonics left a lot to be desired. To tell the truth they actually improved on previous inferior versions, sonically speaking but the bootleg quality still prevailed, I'm afraid. No problem to me but I'd hesitate recommending the label to anyone else with audiophile leanings.... But I think the very first Lilith album I got was a Fleetwood Mac with Peter Green double Lp which collected his complete Bluesbreaker's output. Now that was a beauty sonically and aesthetically speaking....and, of course, the music is sublime.Still available as I speak in Freebird ;-) Actually it's on the Vinyl Lovers label, another Russian pressing I think...Just found out that it's actually a sub-label of Lilith?

DaveF

Post by DaveF »

Ivor

Post by Ivor »

DaveF wrote:Image
how is that Dave? While I like a bit of Ben Harper I've always found him a tad lightweight. The company of the Blind Boys might help 'up his game' a bit and I was curious about this one.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Late night listening a few nights ago...

A crackin' album this

I had expected a bit more from the sisters but it's still a lovely album

and always a good one to end a long listen on