So this where you are all hiding...Cloney Show anyone going?

For everything else..... try not to spill your drinks OK?
Modest

Re: So this where you are all hiding...Cloney Show anyone going?

Post by Modest »

Enjoying pictures from China high end show at the moment and cleaning my wide lens for tomorrow :)
ohhhhh I wish to see and hear something good in Cloneys show :)
http://smotra.ru/communities/252/blog/64076/
2012 R2 server/JK 32DAC/Audio Innovations L2 preamp/Audio Innovations 800MK3 power/Impulse H2 horn speakers /Linn LP12 ,ittok lvii/Linn Linto/Linn Lingo2 /Avid,Inakustik,Acrotec cables
JFK

Post by JFK »

Hi Claus , Welcome Back ,,,Yes Fully agree with the Sky 1HD , recorded (Nearly typed Taped !) Bryan Ferry Dylanescue - absolutey stunning live session playing a selection of Bob Dylan songs with a Bryan Ferry twist .
Im thinking of heading over on Saturday ...
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

Hi Chaps,

I am hoping to make a break for the pale tomorrow, might see some of you of you there at the show.

Adrian.
Let the Good Times Roll...................
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

I thiink this is the same CDP as was in the Ardhowen room in Belfast - AMG or AMR I think:

Do or do not, there is no try
Seán

Post by Seán »

Welcome back Claus.
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

Well how was the show lads?
Do or do not, there is no try
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

spent a couple of hours out there today. Quite enjoyed it all although nothing really blew me away.

The biggest disappointment for me was the Meridian room. Despite the 30k worth of speakers in the front alone, nothing being demoed in that room impressed me. I thought the imaging was poor and the soundtage very flat. Too much bass boom. Given the clever DSP trickery in those speakers I expected the sound to be far more balanced.

Some nice looking turntables on show including some Roksan, Clearaudio and a Garrard 401. What was the name of that red TT being demoed all the time with the 805's and 800D's?

The room with the Kharmas didnt do those speakers any justice at all I thought but then again there was quite a bit of racket coming from the 800D's next door. Still though, it was the room I spent most time in.

The Nordost demo room was jam packed all day long. Lars was his usual entertaining self. He was demoing all kinds of isolation cones when I was there. I wasn't convinced to be honest and was mostly voodoo in my opinion. In fairness it was unfamiliar gear and music. A home demo would be the only way for me to judge anyway.

The Elac room had a nice leggy blonde chick.

The Arcam r cube was very clever. Decent enough sound given what it was. The new Arcam blu ray player gave a great picture and the AVR600 AV reciever was one huge beast.

Many thanks to Cloneys for the show. Always nice to see new gear and meet up with a few other like-minded audiophools.
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
Derek

Post by Derek »

Some gorgeous Turn Tables at the Cloney Show, Fran you’ll absolutely love them.
The Wadia mini dac http://www.musicdirect.com/products/ima ... 51&h=86634impressed me, powering speakers off of the chip, no amp needed.
The tiny Micro Magic http://www.elac.com/en/products/micro/micromagic.html system from Elac is just brilliant being shown streaming via bluetooth from Niall’s phone just great. A small D class amp is housed in the base of the sub.

Good to hook up with Si who had a couple of mates along John and Ciaran I fear the worst for them, Claus I hadn’t seen in an age great to see him again and to meet Adrian at last.

Cloney Audio have done a great job, a big thank you to them for putting the show on.
Now have to part Lars from his €28,000 speaker cables…
NigeAmp, NigeSD DAC, Airtight ATM-4, Ruark Accolades, Pink Triangle TT, Roksan Artimiz, Clearaudio Discovery, Tom Evans Microgroove Plus, Fran DAC, Dalkey Audio Interconnects.
Seán

Post by Seán »

I have just come back from spending a very enjoyable afternoon at the exhibition. I didn't meet anybody there though.
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
Modest

Post by Modest »

DaveF wrote: What was the name of that red TT being demoed all the time with the 805's and 800D's?
Garrard 301 ,very nice rosso colour turntable
2012 R2 server/JK 32DAC/Audio Innovations L2 preamp/Audio Innovations 800MK3 power/Impulse H2 horn speakers /Linn LP12 ,ittok lvii/Linn Linto/Linn Lingo2 /Avid,Inakustik,Acrotec cables