NI Audio Show Belfast!!!!

Ivor

Re: NI Audio Show Belfast!!!!

Post by Ivor »

sorry for the late reply Paul but plans were only finalised today (at least I think they're finalised!)
There's only one car going now and it's full of large men who will spend nothin'!
Sorry.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
paulb

Post by paulb »

thats ok Ivor.....take loads of pics and post....
Modest

Post by Modest »

Some photos from my camera today. It was something different ,top quality gear and good sound atmosphere
Thanks for such show Kronos
Looking forward to next one

More pictures later :)
Last edited by Modest on Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
2012 R2 server/JK 32DAC/Audio Innovations L2 preamp/Audio Innovations 800MK3 power/Impulse H2 horn speakers /Linn LP12 ,ittok lvii/Linn Linto/Linn Lingo2 /Avid,Inakustik,Acrotec cables
fergus

Post by fergus »

Lovely photos....well done!!
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

some fine looking equipment there. Thanks for the photos Modest.
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
halvis

Post by halvis »

Good man for taking the pics.

Just got back from the show and I thought it was pretty good, with a good turn out, some rooms were even too busy I thought.

Stand out room for me were the Puresound room, the room with the big Focals sounded good as well, although didn't stay long as well out of my budget in this lifetime. Some rooms were a bit plinky plonky sounding but the guys in the room with the ATC and Naim gear gave great dems - explaining what was playing and just handed you the iPad and you chose the track you wanted from the streamer. Heard bass out of the ATCs that I only thought existed in concert halls. Vinyl was from an SME 10 which tbh left me a bit cold.

The Audionote room was interesting, really musical and dragged you in to the musical message, but not sure I could justify the £45k asking price. The Puresound room offered a similar sound for better VFM IMO.

There were a few other good rooms, one with a couple of Techincs in, one specced exactly as I had mine with a Jelco arm and another the other side with a Rega. Would have loved to compared the two, but was a little busy in there too.

The new high end Rega kit looked really impressive bit didn't get to hear it, that was in the Lyric Hifi room and heard good reports about their little Linn streaming setup but didn't hear that either.

But a good day and nice to meet a few people from here and some other mates.
cybot

Post by cybot »

Great stuff lads :-)
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Great day out alright. I had no phone coverage up there and so it was only when I got home I say a voicemail from Ken who was there with Modest.

the pics above give a fair idea of what was on show, Fran took a few more which should be good too. Some lovely gear, some crap, some snake oil. It was nice to see and hear equipment I've only ever heard of or seen in magazines before. There seems to be a thriving HiFi scene north of the border, by "scene" I don't mean just in terms of sales but also the culture of hifi. Are there really so few hifi enthusiasts south of the border than we can't support multiple outlets? I find that very strange.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Great pics! There seems to have been quite a lot of stuff there that I'd really like to hear. Anything gobsmacking?
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

halvis wrote: The new high end Rega kit looked really impressive bit didn't get to hear it, that was in the Lyric Hifi room and heard good reports about their little Linn streaming setup but didn't hear that either.
When I walked in there the Linn was playing and it was "nice". I'm afraid I've never found anything with a Linn badge very engaging and this was no different.
The Rega gear was very good. CD player and amp (each costing about 6k) were played through Kef Reference speakers and while they sounded a little bright it was very impressive. Detailed, dynamic and very musical. The room probably contributed to the brightness but, even if it wasn't that, I'm sure it could be softened out by using other cables.