Get together in Nige's

nige2000

Re: Get together in Nige's

Post by nige2000 »

sima66 wrote:
nige2000 wrote:
rab wrote:Thanks Pearce, as it happens I am just about to start ordering parts for a high power I7 6700K PC like this (i already have a low power NAA,-type one).
I was planning to order the Asus motherboard that the Sound Galleries music server uses, and I note they replace the crystal clock with something like the PPA clock, so i will do the same. Do you have any particular RAM to recommend, or just any good one? I note that sound galleries use coolers on their ram dimms.
had a brief read through the thread on CA
and more here
http://positive-feedback.com/reviews/ha ... r-sgm2015/

its double choked which is great to negate problems with been connected to mains electricity

most of audio pc is to do with controlling noise
never underestimate the influence of power

seems like they're not afraid to charge for it, if it were me and goin all out.... i would have provided separate transformers for each voltage rail
they say they can't hear a benefit of usb cards?
most of the benefit of usb cards is the ability to power that card chipset and oscillator with a separate reference supply, i guess they never tested that?

the ram wont need coolers never will be warm
i bet its a form of emi protection
some of the adhesive 3m emi absorber would be fine either

another thing people forget is pc monitors and amplifiers in most countries earth to ground causing a ground loop between pc/dac and amp

i think skylake chipset is 24mhz any good tcxo clock module would be a good improvement with a reference supply, maybe even better than a ocxo with a poorer supply!

its a slippery slope
but its really astounding how good it can sound
$16,000 for computer?!!
If I start all over again, I will only look for a good streamer!
Do you think youll be impressed with a streamer?
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
sima66

Post by sima66 »

nige2000 wrote: Do you think youll be impressed with a streamer?
Actually, I was impressed this weekend in my system!

Just before that, I fixed the "problem" with my PC and I could not imagine better sound!
Streamer killed my PC and Teradak!
And don't even mention the convenience!
I5 4440+TXCOmobo+JCAT Femto-Intona-JKRegen+HynesPS+TeraDak ATX-820W=JCATusb=DiverterHR=Wadia 931/922(GNSC mod)=PassLabsXA100.5=2xValhalla=Stacked&moded ESL57+JAS SuperTweet+2MJ Acoustics Ref.I
4SteinHarmonizers;RR777;Tellus;StillpointsUltraSS
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

sima66 wrote:

Just before that, I fixed the "problem" with my PC and I could not imagine better sound!
what streamer?
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
sima66

Post by sima66 »

nige2000 wrote:
sima66 wrote:

what streamer?
I dont want to free advertise someone who doesnt bother to respond to emails!
If I get in touch and place the order, I will post everything, otherwise nor worth mentioning!
I5 4440+TXCOmobo+JCAT Femto-Intona-JKRegen+HynesPS+TeraDak ATX-820W=JCATusb=DiverterHR=Wadia 931/922(GNSC mod)=PassLabsXA100.5=2xValhalla=Stacked&moded ESL57+JAS SuperTweet+2MJ Acoustics Ref.I
4SteinHarmonizers;RR777;Tellus;StillpointsUltraSS
Georgi

Post by Georgi »

I'm sorry to bring the threat back alive, but is it any hope, that kind of meet up to happen again?
I just want to listen some of yours DIY projects and compare my maid's hybride amp as well. :)
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

yea these type of meets happen several times a year, although it can be too nerdy for most folk
sure you can tag along to next one, might even get you roped into assembling some amplifiers :)
Georgi

Post by Georgi »

Thanks, can give you some hand on them amps, as long as is not too completated, I'll bring a hammer. ;)