B&W Speakers - prices abroad v Ireland

Satrus

Re: B&W Speakers - prices abroad v Ireland

Post by Satrus »

Fran wrote:Folks,

In the course of contact with Noel Cloney on another matter, the subject of the Saturn prices vs Cloney came up. Naturally he was very concerned..... here is his reply:
Further to our conversation last week re Bowers & Wilkins speaker prices at Saturn store in Germany, B&W have just got back to me confirming the prices shown were for a single speaker, in addition your Forum member says Cloney Audio price on CM8 s/2 was €2000,00pr – this may have been the case when the Euro Stg exchange rate was at .74 or thereabouts. Current Irish price on B&W CM8s/2 is same as UK at £1499,00 = €1699,00. B&W also confirm suggested German selling prices are virtually identical or higher than Irish pricing
There are 2 lessons to learn... one is that other markets have different pricing models - so be very aware! The second is .... give a lad the benefit of the doubt, I think most of us would like the opportunity to correct a misunderstanding or clarify something....

Fran
There was never any possibility that the prices the OP quoted for Germany for the B&W loudspeakers were per pair! Audio equipment is every bit as expensive over there as it is anywhere else. I deal with Noel whenever I can, as and when he can supply me with what I am looking for that is .. and he has always been very, very good to deal with and his prices are very competitive and fair. Cloney Audio is prejudiced in having to source certain items via U.K. importers and in having to apply the 'sterling surcharge' as a consequence of that. One wonders now that the U.K. is facing a withdrawal from the European Union whether supply arrangements with U.S. and other non U.K. audio manufacturers can be revised for the Republic of Ireland? I certainly hope so!

Kudos too to Noel for clarifying the position! Misinformation like this does nobody any good. I perfectly understand, of course, that the OP was merely confused as to the bizarre way in which the items were priced. I fell victim to that too momentarily, but reality quickly set in!

http://www.vinyllpcare.com