OS for playback software on (Windows 7 or Windows 8)

jkeny

Re: OS for playback software on (Windows 7 or Windows 8)

Post by jkeny »

Ivor wrote:
Peter Stockwell wrote:Like Hifi is anything other than geeky?

Oh, I get it, like there's standard Geekiness, which we don't notice anymore. Then there's Ultrageeky ?

beware of geeks bearing gifts. Gifts with linear power supplies and vice grips....
Yes, Nige's front room is beginning to look like some torture chamber for extracting top secrets from some poor spook. I can hear Nige now saying "Is it safe yet" as he applies the 70Amp clamps. I don't want to even follow this thought to it's conclusion - you are all filling in the details already in your heads :)
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.
jadarin

Post by jadarin »

nige2000 wrote:mQn on windows server 2012 with gui is best route for beginners and its better than jplay as a standalone unit
almost identical to win 8 operationally
just select/copy wav file and hit go/mQn.bat
Where can i download this software from:mQn,can't seem to find it?
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

jkeny wrote:
Ivor wrote:
Peter Stockwell wrote:Like Hifi is anything other than geeky?

Oh, I get it, like there's standard Geekiness, which we don't notice anymore. Then there's Ultrageeky ?

beware of geeks bearing gifts. Gifts with linear power supplies and vice grips....
Yes, Nige's front room is beginning to look like some torture chamber for extracting top secrets from some poor spook. I can hear Nige now saying "Is it safe yet" as he applies the 70Amp clamps. I don't want to even follow this thought to it's conclusion - you are all filling in the details already in your heads :)
thought you might be interested in the power of vise grips
http://blogs.toolbarn.com/2006/10/vise- ... a-classic/
not as shoddy connection as you may think!!!
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

nige2000 wrote: thought you might be interested in the power of vise grips
http://blogs.toolbarn.com/2006/10/vise- ... a-classic/
not as shoddy connection as you may think!!!
So there are more geeky sites than this one :)?
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

Jadarin the link is in a post about half way down on pg 2 of this thread. Stupid phone won't let me copy it.
Do or do not, there is no try
jadarin

Post by jadarin »

Thanks Fran..
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

jadarin wrote:Thanks Fran..
Interested in what people think of MQN sound
www.Ciunas.biz
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

jkeny wrote:
jadarin wrote:Thanks Fran..
Interested in what people think of MQN sound

im surprised theres not more of an uptake on mqn it is truly great and simple
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

nige2000 wrote:
jkeny wrote: Interested in what people think of MQN sound

im surprised theres not more of an uptake on mqn it is truly great and simple
Yea, me too??

A latest & greatest version just uploaded http://rapidshare.com/files/1265082263/jk.zip
www.Ciunas.biz
Peter Stockwell

Post by Peter Stockwell »

I'll be offline for a week or so, so I'll leave experimenting aside, Don't want to be getting my head all stirred up when I can't get to the computer.

Without having seen MQN, it does sound hair shirt, that is the interface, or lack of one. People go for iTunes, leaving aside the commercial aspect, for example, because of the slick interface and the very effecient file organisation and tagging capabilities.

JRiver is more flexible than iTunes, and is ultimately more powerful, but takes a while to understand. OTOH, I don't use it's video capabilities, not being much of a film and/or TV person. That said, I do watch 1h of time shifted TV every night.
Cubox-i2/Volumio/Meridan G68ADV/2 x Amptastic mini-1/Custom Hifi Cables DC3 psu/Audium Comp 5