A new isolation product - E_sorb

For Sale/Wanted
Forum rules
Note that Tir Na HiFi does not take any responsibility for transactions arranged or carried out here. It is up to the seller and buyer to check each other out! Please be sensible folks, and if there is something you think is wrong, let a mod know, OK?

To make it as clear as we can, here are some simple guidelines:

a) like any forum, the success of tirnahifi is entirely dependent on discussion. All members are encouraged to participate in discussion of music, hifi, etc.
b) tirnahifi is not designed to be, nor intended to be, a marketplace. Any member who uses the site merely for selling will be looked on suspiciously.
c) those members who choose to sell on the site should be aware that the mods do keep an eye on the stuff for sale, plus the demeanour of the seller. Sometimes we may lock/delete/ban a sales thread on this basis.
d) honesty is paramount in all selling transactions. Commercial sellers who label themselves as such are accepted at the discretion of the moderating team.
e) All ads have to include information about age, price, provenance, etc.
f) THE MODERATING TEAM RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REMOVE ANY ADS AT THEIR DISCRETION.
g) Commercial sellers should approach any of the moderation team in advance of posting. First time commercial posts without moderator contact will be removed.
cybot

Re: A new isolation product - E_sorb

Post by cybot »

Just for the benefit of others who might not know about these things, what improvements should one expect from equipment isolaters :

1. Do the improvements vary drastically from one component to another?

2. How many should one use per component? If three is recommended should they be placed on the metal part of the equipment (amps) in a two at front & one at rear configuration or vice versa?

3. Are platinum ears required to hear the difference? Sorry I had to ask! Can others who have already demoed them describe what they've heard? Obviously I wouldn't be expecting night and day differences, much and all as I'd love to :)

4. Have you tried them on speakers, on a concrete floor, of course :)

I'm sure there will be more questions but this'll do for starters....
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

cybot wrote:Just for the benefit of others who might not know about these things, what improvements should one expect from equipment isolaters :

I can only give my unscientific tuppence ha'penny based on experience worth...

You would think isolation would work best under transports but I've found serious improvements under amps and even power supplies.

I've heard tighter bass, more detail and a clearer soundstage.

I generally use 3 under each box and would try to place them under transformers with an amp and under the actual disk drive on a CDP. With a turntable I'd use 4 for stability. I don't think these particular blocks would work well under speakers simply because of stability but if the speakers were heavy enough maybe. they wouldn't have the "bite" of spikes.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

Just to agree with ivors post above - that's is exactly what we have found with the E_sorb. Great under components, not under speakers (only can speak for our own dubh speakers here)

Fran
Do or do not, there is no try
Maciej

Post by Maciej »

Hello,

Massive congratulations to Fran and Gerry and wishing you both well with the business.

I was lucky to have Dubh speakers for 2 weeks, and all I can say at the moment (longer review is coming soon;)) those are amazing, highly detailed but creamy smooth speakers made very well too.

Fran had to brake in to my house in the middle of the night to take them back ………

I am very keen to try the E_sorbs under my amp and cd transport.

Regards
Maciej
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

Maciej wrote: Fran had to brake in to my house in the middle of the night to take them back ………

Maciej
sorry that could be my fault
Last edited by nige2000 on Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
cybot

Post by cybot »

Ivor wrote:
cybot wrote:Just for the benefit of others who might not know about these things, what improvements should one expect from equipment isolaters :

I can only give my unscientific tuppence ha'penny based on experience worth...

You would think isolation would work best under transports but I've found serious improvements under amps and even power supplies.

I've heard tighter bass, more detail and a clearer soundstage.

I generally use 3 under each box and would try to place them under transformers with an amp and under the actual disk drive on a CDP. With a turntable I'd use 4 for stability. I don't think these particular blocks would work well under speakers simply because of stability but if the speakers were heavy enough maybe. they wouldn't have the "bite" of spikes.
Thanks for your 'unscientific tuppence ha'penny' Ivor. Can't wait for the scientific version ;) Placing them under amp transformers is a good tip. I don't really know how 'spongy' these isolaters are, hence the speaker question. I also note that these isolaters are quite large so they really are very reasonably priced.
Derek

Post by Derek »

I have them under my Turn Table.

As per Ivor above, plus I found;

The detail is cleaner, like putting on new guitar strings.
Micro-dynamics are easier to follow and identify.
NigeAmp, NigeSD DAC, Airtight ATM-4, Ruark Accolades, Pink Triangle TT, Roksan Artimiz, Clearaudio Discovery, Tom Evans Microgroove Plus, Fran DAC, Dalkey Audio Interconnects.
cybot

Post by cybot »

Derek wrote:I have them under my Turn Table.

As per Ivor above, plus I found;

The detail is cleaner, like putting on new guitar strings.
Micro-dynamics are easier to follow and identify.

Thanks for that Derek. What tt have you got? My own tt is in 3 removable parts: motor, base and tt itself. Three adjustable legs on the motor unit and three (two adjustable) on the tt. So the isolators would only work on the base itself which, I suppose, wouldn't be ideal. But, then again, the tt's designer (Tom Fletcher) always maintained that the base was for cosmetic reasons only. Hmmmmm, now I'm thinking.....
Eist Audio

Post by Eist Audio »

Dermot, we've only tried them under our own Dubh speakers so far and to be honest thought the Dubhs sounded better on their own without them. FWIW, there's approximately 3mm of compression on them. The original idea was for isolation for both TTs and CDPs to be honest, so maybe its unsurprising that they work better there.

We'll have facebook etc up and running soon and we'll have a few more photos then too. I can't tell you all how appreciative we are of the goodwill and wishes we have had from you all. It really means a lot. Many thanks to you all.

Fran
Derek

Post by Derek »

cybot wrote:

Thanks for that Derek. What tt have you got?
I've got a Pink Triangle LPT (Little Pink Thing). I put 4 E_sorb isolators under it.
NigeAmp, NigeSD DAC, Airtight ATM-4, Ruark Accolades, Pink Triangle TT, Roksan Artimiz, Clearaudio Discovery, Tom Evans Microgroove Plus, Fran DAC, Dalkey Audio Interconnects.