Fool and his money.....

Ivor

Re: Fool and his money.....

Post by Ivor »

Critical Mass wrote:"I suspect you could do better for that money.... for not much more (relatively speaking) you could buy a new Project or similar without worrying about an abused cartridge or replacing a belt"

Cheers Ivor. My gut feeling is it is a bit over priced. Thinking about the Project Debut S/E3. Maybe a Rotel 10A Amp. Any thoughts on them?? Also KEF Q300 speakers??? Any opinions??

Turntable and amp would be a great starter system alright... I don't know a lot about KEF but I'd be looking for maybe second hand floorstanders as more of a future-proof buy - there are pros and cons of course. Ring Cloney and see what they got "out back".

edit: I had linked to a pair of KEF 5005 speakers ex-demo but they seem to be home cinema type speakers and probably limited.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Critical Mass

Post by Critical Mass »

Thanks again Ivor. Cosmetically I would prefer floor standers but for where I'll be setting up the system, they may not work. I plan on taking a trip to Cloney in the next few weeks.
tweber

Post by tweber »

http://www.adverts.ie/home-audio/thoren ... 00/2776354

Spotted this on adverts.ie, not sure how it would compare with a newer tt round same money.
paulb

Post by paulb »

there is a croft pre and power amp on adverts.ie....that would be a good start
cybot

Post by cybot »

The Croft is certainly more than a good start! Maybe a bit pricey but they are approx. £1400.00 new.
jaybee

Post by jaybee »

here's a very nice little pair of standmounters...

I'd say he'll let em go a lot cheaper.....!!
Brass Bands are all very well in their place -
outdoors and several miles away....