MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
tony

Re: MQN

Post by tony »

Ok on that note I am off to do some housework for SHMBO to get in the good books so I can sneak off and try some more of this stuff later
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Sligolad

Post by Sligolad »

nige2000 wrote:i give you a better conundrum

were playing the tracks from ram so why are we hearing differences?

pita
In my very limited knowledge and experience there is only one remaining explanation for this:
The bits (ones & zeros) are analogue in nature as in square waves with start times, rise times, on times and emf.
Once all or any of these get changed it has got to have an effect later but no one has found a way to demonstrate this correctly yet!!!
It is the only explanation that works in my head and helps me justify to myself why some CDs sound so crap no matter how you play them or rip them.
I expect there are loads of qualified engineers who could come in and destroy my argument with known science but honestly I do not care as I sleep better having convinced myself this is what is happening.

Until someone comes along with a convincing argument otherwise then I rest happily in either my ignorance or inspiration, works both ways for me :-))
Cheers,
Pearse.

Post by taggart »

tony wrote:Miss this stuff for a few days and it is amazing the 'new' options that pop up.Look forward to trying that. Many thanks to Taggart for the various bits he has added over the last year, I think we all really appreciate his work.
Thanks Tony! That's my chance to give something back to the community from which I've learned so much.
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

Agreed, Pearse, we have to hold onto some semblance of rationality in all this while at the same time realising that it's not fully rational - cognitive dissonance, anyone?

BTW, good luck & enjoy Salford (it hasn't happened yet, has it?)
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

taggart wrote:
tony wrote:Miss this stuff for a few days and it is amazing the 'new' options that pop up.Look forward to trying that. Many thanks to Taggart for the various bits he has added over the last year, I think we all really appreciate his work.
Thanks Tony! That's my chance to give something back to the community from which I've learned so much.
was thinking

is it possible to incorporate tasker implementation into mqnload and add a converter to convert all track files to 16 bit 44 wav

would be handy
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
tony

Post by tony »

jkeny wrote:Agreed, Pearse, we have to hold onto some semblance of rationality in all this while at the same time realising that it's not fully rational - cognitive dissonance, anyone?

BTW, good luck & enjoy Salford (it hasn't happened yet, has it?)
That is 'Scalford' maybe that is cognitve dissonance or maybe just at typo!

It is on in 2 weeks time.Flights booked for me €20 return a few weeks ago. Hotel and car hire is the worst part. Look forward to the pasting Pearse will get from the wammers. If it gets too bad I will just slip away into Steven Toys room
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

tony wrote: That is 'Scalford' maybe that is cognitve dissonance or maybe just at typo!
What's a "C" between friends :) Anyway, you know what I meant
It is on in 2 weeks time.Flights booked for me €20 return a few weeks ago. Hotel and car hire is the worst part. Look forward to the pasting Pearse will get from the wammers. If it gets too bad I will just slip away into Steven Toys room
Good to hear you are also going - anybody else going? You will have to ride shotgun with Pearse & keep those wammers at bay but I thought they were a friendly enough bunch at Scalford when face to face?
Can't figure out Steven Toy - he seems to be into every tweak under the sun & yet he seems to have a reasonably good sounding system. Those two things don't usually appear together. Does he have a room - Have you heard his system, Tony?
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.
tony

Post by tony »

Steven has a room booked John. Another guy has a lampizator level 4 and there will be a modded jolida dac there also. Must check the file but hoping there will be some audionote dacs there as well.

Don't think Pearse has anything to fear unless he makes a mistake a plays some David byrne that will send the punters running.

Really looking forward to it stacked quads,diy horns, dacs,tannoy's and the pearse zuma room which will beat all comers!
cvrle59

Post by cvrle59 »

nige2000 wrote:
taggart wrote:
was thinking

is it possible to incorporate tasker implementation into mqnload and add a converter to convert all track files to 16 bit 44 wav

would be handy
+1
i3 Haswell, PPAStudio USB3 card and USB Micro cable/Chord Hugo/Nad-275BEE/Harbeth-30.1
sima66

Post by sima66 »

Alex, thanks again for very detailed explanation and that is exactly how I did...........in the end. ;-)

I have received the "MQn Batch Files" and "Paste" from a friend, I guess already set. The other way will be to complicated for me! :(

Here is what I did: I copied the Tasker 1.2 folder in C drive and then replace the Batch and Paste file (that I received) in MQN folder.
I get both both black boxes, but in the one it says "C: tasker is not recognized as an internal or external command. Three times.

Again, thanks for the effort,
Adam
I5 4440+TXCOmobo+JCAT Femto-Intona-JKRegen+HynesPS+TeraDak ATX-820W=JCATusb=DiverterHR=Wadia 931/922(GNSC mod)=PassLabsXA100.5=2xValhalla=Stacked&moded ESL57+JAS SuperTweet+2MJ Acoustics Ref.I
4SteinHarmonizers;RR777;Tellus;StillpointsUltraSS