Guess tthe LP

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
cybot

Re: Guess tthe LP

Post by cybot »

Ivor wrote:
cybot wrote:I humbly promise I'll turn a blind eye to the easy ones.....no offence to yourself or anyone else.
No offence taken... I'd say if you put up Dark side of the Moon I'd still be scratching my head.

LOL :-)))
fergus

Post by fergus »

cybot wrote:.... have you read anything about the remasters yet? I just came across an article in one of the music rags and in a free music one I picked up upstairs in Tower called Properganda yesterday (p.16);here's an excerpt: "If you are going to reissue and re-promote music as haloed as these definitive,era-defining works,you better do a better job.(Objectively speaking,Electra's half-hearted efforts circa 1992 were lamentable and did a huge disservice to their legacy on too many counts) Here Fledg'ling sets the bar so high.That applies to the clarity of each album's remastered sound - involving original producer Joe Boyd, but each a different challenge - and packaging inventiveness alike.Each album receives commentary from one of the main players." This, of course, applies to their first four albums... So Fergus my friend, you are in for a reawakening of the elixer of your youth :-))) ENJOY....and don't forget to tell us all about them too...
Thanks for all of that Dermot....I have not had a lot of time lately to check out the re,asters yet....but I will!!!!
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
JAW

Post by JAW »

Here's three for a sunshiny day!

Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

Middle one is Jeff Buckley "Grace" I believe....

Fran
Do or do not, there is no try
JAW

Post by JAW »

Fran wrote:Middle one is Jeff Buckley "Grace" I believe....

Fran
Got it in one Fran, top of the class!
cybot

Post by cybot »

First one looks like an album of a band I've never checked out; could it be a Family Lp cover? 'Bandstand', perhaps?

Well done Fran on the last one...
cybot

Post by cybot »

Yes???!!?

JAW

Post by JAW »

Yes indeed! From a time when sleeves were no expense spared. When you open the sleeve there's an image of an old tv. I'll post a picture tomorrow.
JAW

Post by JAW »

JAW wrote:Yes indeed! From a time when sleeves were no expense spared. When you open the sleeve there's an image of an old tv. I'll post a picture tomorrow.
Front

Open

Back
cybot

Post by cybot »

Thanks for the pictures J, it looks amazing and one of the myriad reasons why I'll always be faithful to the good old Long Player :-))