What are you listening to?

Seán

Re: What are you listening to?

Post by Seán »

DaveF wrote:making the most of a day off work.

I listened to it yesterday and it's good to see that you are putting your time off to good use rather than cleaning the apartment. Don't tell the girlfriend.
followed by Schubert's 'The Great' symphony.

I would love to get that, in fact I want to get EVERYTHING that Abbado has ever recorded.
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
fergus

Post by fergus »

DaveF wrote: Image

I have not listened to that in a long time....I must give it a spin soon.
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
fergus

Post by fergus »

Mendelssohn – Disc 2 – Symphony No. 2....

This was a wonderful, powerful performance with marvellous singing both solo and choral.
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

An escential purchase for anyone who likes chamer music imho. Couperin composed these for the Louis XIV's Sunday chamber music concerts. Beautifully played by Savall & Co here.
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

fergus wrote:Mendelssohn – Disc 2 – Symphony No. 2....

This was a wonderful, powerful performance with marvellous singing both solo and choral.
took a leaf out of your book Fergus and listened to this one today. For some reason I hardly ever listen to this symphony and so it was very refreshing to do so again. I echo everything you said above about the performance too.
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

fergus

Post by fergus »

DaveF wrote:Image

An escential purchase for anyone who likes chamer music imho. Couperin composed these for the Louis XIV's Sunday chamber music concerts. Beautifully played by Savall & Co here.
That certainly looks very tempting Dave!!
fergus

Post by fergus »

DaveF wrote:
fergus wrote:Mendelssohn – Disc 2 – Symphony No. 2....

took a leaf out of your book Fergus and listened to this one today. For some reason I hardly ever listen to this symphony and so it was very refreshing to do so again. I echo everything you said above about the performance too.
I am glad that you enjoyed it Dave; it is very good and, as you say, not one that would come to mind immediately.
fergus

Post by fergus »

DaveF wrote:Image
How did you get on with that one Dave; I would be especially interested in what you thought of the Schumann.
fergus

Post by fergus »

For the first day of Spring....

There is great bite and crunch to these performances and the players sound like they are actually enjoying themselves; a delightful collection.