Rock - what are you listening to?

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
DaveF

Re: Rock - what are you listening to?

Post by DaveF »

"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
cybot

Post by cybot »

Followed by this little beauty on double 45rpm vinyl; recommended to me by Gib from Spindizzy months ago. Now widely available at the usual outlets...

Debut album Lust of Pig and the Fresh Blood...

Reviews :

State.ie - Daniel Harrison April 15th 2011
"Divided into two parts (‘The Fresh Blood’ and ‘Lust of Pig’), the record begins with the eerie ‘Walk Out With Me’, which sets the tone perfectly: “Walk out with me/We’ll part our ways/For what will be is right/You’ll see” sings Sheeran over sinister cello and backing vocals. This is followed by ‘Sally Please Don’t Go’, with a slowly swelling arrangement that recalls Radiohead’s ‘Pyramid Song’, while on ‘An Apple For You’ Clodagh Simonds adds her vocals to what sounds like the aural equivalent of a Grimm Brothers fairytale. ‘I’m Sorry Son’ is a particular standout, with an understated, yearning vocal from the Galway-born singer, hypnotic ukulele and stunning violin from Cora Venus Lunny."

Brainwashed - John Kealy March 20th 2011
"As Lust of Pig & The Fresh Blood has been plagued with production hiccups and is now appearing months later than expected, to finally hear this album after watching it slowly form on the stage and through Sheeran's Pledge Music campaign is a treat indeed. It is an expansive, layered and finely crafted work; each of the songs becoming its own fairy tale world. Sheeran utilises a range of instruments to create ever-changing backdrops for her songs. From ukulele to singing saw all the way through to glass-like electronics, she has made a collection of music that is continually exciting and each listen reveals another facet of her talents. On "Sally Please Don’t Go," Sheeran already uses enough musical ideas that would make an interesting album let alone a single song and she manages to keeps up this level of creativity for the length of Lust of Pig & The Fresh Blood."

New Noises - Niamh
"Sheeran seems determined to succeed with this album; everything about it (including its apt title) does more than seek your attention it commands it. This is a diverse and exceptionally intriguing album, each track has something extraordinary to offer."
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
cybot

Post by cybot »

DaveF wrote:Image

Nice one Dave - and Mazzy Star's debut too :-)))))))
cybot

Post by cybot »

On the tt tonight, seminal German group with more guitar than usual. Heaven sent....Any
converts yet?

DaveF

Post by DaveF »

cybot wrote:
Nice one Dave -
That other Fahey album you mentioned before is still in Tower. I'll have to put it out of its misery soon! :-)
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

on the TT this evening....

Image Image
JAW

Post by JAW »

Winding up the weekend with the Copa America on Setanta and this

Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

Do or do not, there is no try
cybot

Post by cybot »

DaveF wrote:
cybot wrote:
Nice one Dave -
That other Fahey album you mentioned before is still in Tower. I'll have to put it out of its misery soon! :-)
Good man ;-) At least you can give it a quick listen on the shop tt before you commit yourself. Just make sure yer man's not behind the counter! Everytime I see him I nearly lose the will to live! He's the young twitchy (and sometimes narky too!) type who steadfastly refuses to hand over the Lp cover for perusal while listening; and to watch him trying to break the cover seal and after all that he then pulls the vinyl out with his thumb and finger - enough to make a grown man cry!!