What are you listening to?

fergus

Re: What are you listening to?

Post by fergus »

DaveF wrote:Image
A big jump in styles Dave between the period performances and the Bohm sytle....how did you find it?
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
fergus

Post by fergus »

With the talk of solo piano music recently I pulled this one out again and played the Nocturnes, which I love....

DaveF

Post by DaveF »

fergus wrote:A big jump in styles Dave between the period performances and the Bohm sytle....how did you find it?
This was one of the first cds that I bought when I decided to go down the road of exploring classical music so it remains a favorite of mine. I'd still reach for the likes of the Hogwood or Pinnock boxsets most of the time but the performances of Bohm and the BPO are quite fine. Well worth the purchase.
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
fergus

Post by fergus »

Thanks Dave....Bohm is one of the older conductors that I do, eventually, intend to explore.
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

fergus wrote:Thanks Dave....Bohm is one of the older conductors that I do, eventually, intend to explore.
I think I read a few opinions over on CMG recently that Bohm was highly regarded in conducting Mozart.
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
Seán

Post by Seán »

fergus wrote:
DaveF wrote:Image
A big jump in styles Dave between the period performances and the Bohm sytle....how did you find it?
EVERYTHING, that I have heard of Bohm has been hugely impressive, sadly I have few recordings of his.
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
fergus

Post by fergus »

Can you let me know what you do have Seán please?
Seán

Post by Seán »

fergus wrote:
Seán wrote:A version of Handel's Messiah, would you believe? And a copy of the Eroica too.
How much classical music would you have on vinyl Seán?
I have about thirty LPs: including recent purchases of Mahler & Stravinsky and very old purchases that I collected as second hand records about thirty years ago.
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
fergus

Post by fergus »

Seán wrote:I have about thirty LPs: including recent purchases of Mahler & Stravinsky and very old purchases that I collected as second hand records about thirty years ago.
Interesting that....would you still buy an odd classical music vinyl LP?
Jared

Post by Jared »

fergus wrote:Thanks Dave....Bohm is one of the older conductors that I do, eventually, intend to explore.
Fergus, you could do worse than start here... after all, KB knew RS very well.. ;-))