Post by fergus »

To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
cybot

Re: Rock - what are you listening to?

Post by cybot »

fergus wrote:Image

I remember taking a beautiful picture once but I deliberately left it slightly out of focus. Needless to say my friend who is in the local photography club pointed out my 'mistake' with an expert smirk and dance. I blithely showed him the Dylan BOB cover and that certainly shut him up ;-) BTW I love the wiry sound he managed to get for that album....
fergus

Post by fergus »

cybot wrote: I remember taking a beautiful picture once but I deliberately left it slightly out of focus. Needless to say my friend who is in the local photography club pointed out my 'mistake' with an expert smirk and dance. I blithely showed him the Dylan BOB cover and that certainly shut him up ;-) BTW I love the wiry sound he managed to get for that album....
I am surprised that your photographic friend reacted in the way that he did because soft focus was all the rage for Salon photography at one stage....a kind of fad which everyone was doing; something like the zoom out technique that was also very popular at another point. There are fashions and trends in all walks of Life.
I have had that album in many forms for many years now and it still gets an airing from time to time; one of his best I think.
cybot

Post by cybot »

fergus wrote:
cybot wrote: I remember taking a beautiful picture once but I deliberately left it slightly out of focus. Needless to say my friend who is in the local photography club pointed out my 'mistake' with an expert smirk and dance. I blithely showed him the Dylan BOB cover and that certainly shut him up ;-) BTW I love the wiry sound he managed to get for that album....
I am surprised that your photographic friend reacted in the way that he did because soft focus was all the rage for Salon photography at one stage....a kind of fad which everyone was doing; something like the zoom out technique that was also very popular at another point. There are fashions and trends in all walks of Life.
I have had that album in many forms for many years now and it still gets an airing from time to time; one of his best I think.
It was another friend Fergus....and yes, it is one of his best.
Gerry D

Post by Gerry D »

Attachments
The_Sundays_comp_Mick_Jagger_and_Keith-_3.jpg
The_Sundays_comp_Mick_Jagger_and_Keith-_3.jpg (16.29 KiB) Viewed 640 times
"Quality means doing it right when no one is looking" - Henry Ford
sdiesel77

Post by sdiesel77 »

Tubes & Vinyls are making life brighter..
cybot

Post by cybot »

Inspired by the previous post, here's a group who were in turn were inspired themselves to name the band after a Melvin's song....

fergus

Post by fergus »

cybot

Post by cybot »

Don't mind the sleeve this is a terrific old fashioned Rock album that will have you playing air guitar forever ;-) I think you would like this one Johnny....

cybot

Post by cybot »

On the tt - what else :-)

One of the last records I got from the late lamented Road Records. If you like The Books you'll love this....

Sleep Whale - Little Brite