Americana and suchlike

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
DaveF

Re: Americana and suchlike

Post by DaveF »

almost...almost shelled out for one of those monstrous Titan Audio power cables at the hifi show today. Instead, sense prevailed and I picked up this fantastic album on the way home. A mentioned above, a very natural and free flowing sound on this record. Gonna have to investigate the rest of his catalogue...
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

DaveF wrote: Gonna have to investigate the rest of his catalogue...
It's quite varied but mostly good. There's one or two albums that were a bit "meh" but maybe that's just me.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
jaybee

Post by jaybee »

I Feel Alright is the next in line after for me after Train a Comin'

His early stuff is great too... copperhead road is still one of my all time favorites...

I grew up on it thanks to my brother who took me to see him in the Town and Country Club in ~1990

He was rockabilly style proper rock music back then.... opened my eyes to what music could be as a 14 year old swiggin beers in London!

To be honest unless you hate country music (and can tolerate the odd shocking recording (the hard way..)) it a great back catalogue....

Hi later stuff is bit too mountain-y music for me though
Brass Bands are all very well in their place -
outdoors and several miles away....
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

"Washington Square Serenade" mixes hip-hop and country and it works.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Derek

Post by Derek »

Born and Raised from John Mayer with Don Was helping with the production.

This was donated to my collection some time ago @ Fran's when Frank and Mick took the short trip from Newbridge and I'm lovin' it ever since. Thanks Mick.
NigeAmp, NigeSD DAC, Airtight ATM-4, Ruark Accolades, Pink Triangle TT, Roksan Artimiz, Clearaudio Discovery, Tom Evans Microgroove Plus, Fran DAC, Dalkey Audio Interconnects.
Derek

Post by Derek »

Derek wrote:Image

Born and Raised from John Mayer with Don Was helping with the production.

This keeps getting better with each listen.
NigeAmp, NigeSD DAC, Airtight ATM-4, Ruark Accolades, Pink Triangle TT, Roksan Artimiz, Clearaudio Discovery, Tom Evans Microgroove Plus, Fran DAC, Dalkey Audio Interconnects.
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

RIP Doc.

jaybee

Post by jaybee »

ImageImage
tony

Post by tony »

Recommendation from Ivor and have to say it is immed. very listenable and a little unexpected from Mr Wagner.

GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
jaybee

Post by jaybee »

looks like an old school columbia sleeve!!