MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
jrling

Re: MQN

Post by jrling »

sbgk wrote:so 2 waveio users like daphile, maybe that's the common factor. Shall try setting up squeezelite on windows over the weekend to see if there is a difference between linux and windows, oh and shall be having another go at 24 bit.
Really shouldn't be the WaveIO. We WaveIO users did not get this material different end results from others using MQn?

Oh by the way - Daphile plays any hi-res FLAC (like the Linn Xmas downloads) I throw at it. Sorry that was 'below the belt'!
Maplin XM21X 12V float charging A123 26650 LiFePO4 battery/Maxwell Supercap PSU for Mitac PD10-BI J1900 Bay Trail, WTFPlay, Hiface Evo, Bow Technologies 1704 NOS DAC, StereoKnight TVC, Quad II monoblocks, ZU Audio Druid Mk4/Method Sub
jrling

Post by jrling »

Nige - why turn the Ethernet on? Play your music from an internal HDD then you don't need it?
Maplin XM21X 12V float charging A123 26650 LiFePO4 battery/Maxwell Supercap PSU for Mitac PD10-BI J1900 Bay Trail, WTFPlay, Hiface Evo, Bow Technologies 1704 NOS DAC, StereoKnight TVC, Quad II monoblocks, ZU Audio Druid Mk4/Method Sub
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

Hi Johnaton

confused now
for daphile do I not need ethernet connected to the daphile audio pc to control playback via my laptop internet browser
was using using usb storage on audio pc

I left ethernet on for MQN and jplay testing so they wouldn't have that advantage

I assume I have daphile set up correctly it is very good
but MQN makes it feel like a live performance
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

nige2000 wrote:Hi Johnaton

confused now
for daphile do I not need ethernet connected to the daphile audio pc to control playback via my laptop internet browser

I left ethernet on for MQN and jplay testing so they wouldn't have that advantage

daphile searches for an ethernet connection first then wireless, not sure if it's expecting an ethernet connection to a router though, I used wireless.

Tried it again with the same results, to me it is pretty much the sound of the squeezebox touch which is either a coincidence or means the SQ is heavily influenced by the code, also means the new replacement will sound the same as they are all bits are bits guys and are basing it on squeezelite. ok if you have valves, but then you lose detail.
jrling

Post by jrling »

confused now

As SBGK says I used wireless for Android tablet control. Definitely a better UI for control than the Daphile web interface.
jrling

Post by jrling »

Fran - would you fell able and willing to cut and paste the Daphile posts in this thread to a new Daphile thread for continuing those postings? I feel responsible for hijacking SBGK's MQn thread.
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

tried ethernet direct first but didnt work OOB so put it through the router and bingo

dont understand how mqn, jplay etc can be perceived to sound the same

i know optimising the pc with power supplies etc has a vast improvement in sq but its certainly not everything!
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

jrling wrote:

confused now

As SBGK says I used wireless for Android tablet control. Definitely a better UI for control than the Daphile web interface.
do i need a router for that or can just hook up a usb wifi adapter (think ive linux compatible one) and connect direct by tablet

im keeping the daphile on usb anyway i like the idea of it
jrling

Post by jrling »

Any wireless connection should work I think
LowOrbit

Post by LowOrbit »

I have never got my Asus N13 usb dongle working with any Linux setup. So I would suggest any non-realtek chipped wifi solution should work. I use Ethernet into an old wireless router to create a hotspot defined on the router and connect my android device to that. Not ideal so I have a non-relatek type usb dongle on the way.

The browser interface is a bit clunky and slow witted, but the remote app works great.
RPi/piCorePlayer/Buffalo2/DSP/NCores/Active Impulse H2s