Rock - what are you listening to?

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
cybot

Re: Rock - what are you listening to?

Post by cybot »

fergus wrote:
cybot wrote:Please don't tempt me Dave! Anyway enjoy :-))
Ah go on....you know you want to......
DaveF wrote:
fergus wrote:
cybot wrote:Please don't tempt me Dave! Anyway enjoy :-))
Ah go on....you know you want to......

ah go on go on go on...GO ON! ;-)
LOL :-))))
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

Finished off the 2nd LP of this great record. They did a great remastering of this album. Very different sound to the CD version I bought many years ago.
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
cybot

Post by cybot »

DaveF wrote:Image

Finished off the 2nd LP of this great record. They did a great remastering of this album. Very different sound to the CD version I bought many years ago.
All the remastered Lps that Eddie Kramer was involved in came up trumps; however, I'm driving myself nuts since I listened to my first remastered copy of 'Axis...' last night, as the sound was unbelievable and so much better than the two 'old' copies I have of that album;I said to myself there's something different here... so I duly checked inside the booklet and then finally found what I was (not!!) looking for - it's remastered in the analogue domain from the original two track analogue tapes!??!!?. So my dilemma is to find out if all the new remasters are now remastered in the analogue domain for the first time.All my other remasters,as far as I can tell are remastered in the digital domain from the original two track tapes... and they sound fine,to tell the truth but after hearing and being blown away by 'Axis...' I'm beginning to wonder.
So tell me Dave is your copy of '...Ladyland' an analogue remaster??? I also noted when I was in Tower today that 'Band of Gypsies' is remastered from, you guessed it, from the original two track analogue masters, ARGH?!?!?!

EDIT: Just after checking the official site....Ladyland is all analogue too. Ho hum I'll have to get a copy now :-((

http://www.authentichendrix.com/pgi-CUS ... 160,=,0003
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

cybot wrote:So tell me Dave is your copy of '...Ladyland' an analogue remaster??? I also noted when I was in Tower today that 'Band of Gypsies' is remastered from, you guessed it, from the original two track analogue masters
yes it's the analogue remaster. There was a sticker on the cover to say that.
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
cybot

Post by cybot »

DaveF wrote:
cybot wrote:So tell me Dave is your copy of '...Ladyland' an analogue remaster??? I also noted when I was in Tower today that 'Band of Gypsies' is remastered from, you guessed it, from the original two track analogue masters
yes it's the analogue remaster. There was a sticker on the cover to say that.
Thanks for getting back to me. It is as I suspected. Why wasn't there an announcement made?!?! BTW if you ever come across the 8 Lp Hendrix box -I've seen it loads of time in Tower - get it, as the music/sound is unbelievable...and it mostly contains unreleased stuff except for some of the live tracks;but stock up on the official studio/live Lps first...
fergus

Post by fergus »

My Jimi contribution today....

To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

cybot wrote:......the 8 Lp Hendrix box -I've seen it loads of time in Tower - get it, as the music/sound is unbelievable...and it mostly contains unreleased stuff except for some of the live tracks;but stock up on the official studio/live Lps first... [/color]
I only have '..LadyLand'(cd/vinyl) and 'Are you Experienced'(cd only, will get the vinyl one soon). What are the pick of the remaining recordings?
cybot

Post by cybot »

DaveF wrote:
cybot wrote:......the 8 Lp Hendrix box -I've seen it loads of time in Tower - get it, as the music/sound is unbelievable...and it mostly contains unreleased stuff except for some of the live tracks;but stock up on the official studio/live Lps first... [/color]
I only have '..LadyLand'(cd/vinyl) and 'Are you Experienced'(cd only, will get the vinyl one soon). What are the pick of the remaining recordings?

Vinyl/DVD List :

Studio::
In no particular order:

BBC Sessions (triple vinyl)#
Axis Bold As Love#
Valleys of Neptune
South Saturn Delta
First Rays of the New Rising Sun
8 Lp box set #

Live:
In no particular order:

Live At The Fillmore East - Band of Gypsies (triple) ~ warning:video quality not great!
Blue Wild Angel - Isle of Wight (triple)# ~
Live at Winterland# @
The Jimi Hendrix Concerts (double)# @
Woodstock (triple) ~
Band of Gypsies (single Lp)#
Live at Monterey # ~
Royal Albert Hall # @ - Imminent official release for the very first time on DVD/CD/Vinyl(fingers crossed!)
I've waited 41 years for this release?!?!!?

# = Essential (personal choice!)

@ = Not yet released through the Hendrix Estate but originals can be picked up quite easily...Sound quality on the RAH gigs is
variable but there's 3 tracks from the gig on the Concerts double and they sound fantastic especially Jimi's finest
restrained Blues performance 'Bleeding Heart'..

~ = DVD also available and highly recommended!

Very poor video of Albert Hall performance of 'Bleeding Heart' - close your eyes and have a listen :-)))

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVjmIeLV ... 1&index=13
Last edited by cybot on Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:24 pm, edited 6 times in total.
cybot

Post by cybot »

fergus wrote:My Jimi contribution today....

Good on you fergus, you make a grown man cry :-)))
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

thanks for the above Cybot. I might have a quick look in Tower on the way home this evening.