MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
tony

Re: MQN

Post by tony »

Go offline for a few hours come back and madness breaks out. Is this like some dodgy american conspiracy movie except it actual happens?
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
tony

Post by tony »

Would it be safe to get sbgk to post his MQn thread here or would PFM be a more open minded location to discuss audio players?
John I think you should ask him would he consider here but check with Fran as it might bring unwanted stuff to the forum.

This julf guy must be some piece of work but when you see how CA allowed the whole Jriver Jplay carry on but ban two guys chatting about an experimental free software player one feels money always gets in the way. It does in most parts of life.l
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

More than happy to host the mqn development thread here. As usual the mods will be ruthlessly fair!

Fran
Do or do not, there is no try
tony

Post by tony »

Fair play to you Fran you might have to give up the day job or hire more moderators!
james

Post by james »

A few quesions ..
a) am i right that I need windows-7 [or later] and that it will not work with xp or vista
b) i have a sound card [m-audio] with analogue and digital out; will it work with this or is it just for usb output
c) do i need a particular modern cpu
Thanks
james
"Change is Possible" [Parking Meter in Dundrum Shopping Centre]
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

james wrote:A few quesions ..
a) am i right that I need windows-7 [or later] and that it will not work with xp or vista
Yep & 64 bit Win 7 or 8
b) i have a sound card [m-audio] with analogue and digital out; will it work with this or is it just for usb output
Shouldn't be a problem working with this card, I believe
c) do i need a particular modern cpu
Thanks
james
No, most CPUs now can handle SSe2 or SSE4 instructions - run a utility called CPUID to find out or do a search of your CPU to check this
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.
Sligolad

Post by Sligolad »

I believe in its own peculiar way Karma will win out here and sbgk deserves some good fortune.

I have just got my ssd up and running on the PPA red cable with server 2012 r2 and even in gui mode with no optimisations the sound is absolutely stunning.
This seriously has to be the best playback software on the planet for PC based playback, I have been a JPlay fanboy for some time now but this just blows it out of the water big time.
I really hope it stands up to my expectations and current judgement the next time we meet but for now I am going to go listen to music like I never heard it before.
Feels like the Meitner is only getting rid of the cobwebs just lately after being fed a poor diet for way too long.

Off to try 2.60 now and see if it is possible to get any better.

Final note to RDSU, arrogance I can live with and accept but calling the guys "poorly educated"....poor form and smacks of that which you accuse other of!!
Lets live and let live a bit here as their is a tremendous gift on offer here.
Cheers, Pearse.

Post by Ken Moreland »

i5 QuietPC , JplayFemto , Singxer SU-6 , Holo Audio Spring DAC ,LAB12 Preamp, Roundtree Mono Amps, Rosso Fiorentino Elba 2 Speakers
tony

Post by tony »

I am not one who should be making this suggestion considering my efforts but is that wise posting link?
rdsu

Post by rdsu »

Sligolad wrote:Final note to RDSU, arrogance I can live with and accept but calling the guys "poorly educated"....poor form and smacks of that which you accuse other of!!
Lets live and let live a bit here as their is a tremendous gift on offer here.
Just my opinion based on their posts...

Continue to talk about MQn...