Rock - what are you listening to?

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
fergus

Re: Rock - what are you listening to?

Post by fergus »

cybot wrote:... Also it's time I bought one of their Lps as
all I have is a double Lp Best of, a BBC performance and an Lp called 'Mabinogi' which is very Celtic sounding...
I think Tower have 'The Hangman's Beautiful Daughter' - what a title!!
You could do a whole lot worse Dermot but I would not have thought that their music would have been too much to your liking.
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

I received this 7 piece vinyl set in the post during the week. It contains 6 tracks not available on the CD version. I also have the CD version and while it took a while for it to grow on me it has become probably one of my most listened to records outside of the classical stuff over the last few months.
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
cybot

Post by cybot »

DaveF wrote:Image

I received this 7 piece vinyl set in the post during the week. It contains 6 tracks not available on the CD version. I also have the CD version and while it took a while for it to grow on me it has become probably one of my most listened to records outside of the classical stuff over the last few months.
Good on you Dave! Nice to see you supporting the vinyl medium...Nearly bought the set in Tower at Christmas but was advised that I'd be mad to splash out. Now I'm starting to wonder?
What did you pay for your copy Dave?
cybot

Post by cybot »

fergus wrote:
cybot wrote:... Also it's time I bought one of their Lps as
all I have is a double Lp Best of, a BBC performance and an Lp called 'Mabinogi' which is very Celtic sounding...
I think Tower have 'The Hangman's Beautiful Daughter' - what a title!!
You could do a whole lot worse Dermot but I would not have thought that their music would have been too much to your liking.
Fergus, I thought you'd know me by now!! I just love all aspects of music from weird to normal and all points in between... But having said that I don't suffer fools gladly and I can be extremely fussy and over critical sometimes! So I try to keep my mouth shut so as not to offend... I played Side Two of the BBC sessions last night and I really enjoyed their skewed charm and lovely innocence...
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

cybot wrote:Good on you Dave! Nice to see you supporting the vinyl medium...Nearly bought the set in Tower at Christmas but was advised that I'd be mad to splash out. Now I'm starting to wonder?
I paid 140 for it from Diverse Vinyl. Expensive alright but considering how much I enjoyed the CD version I thought it would be well worth the purchase. No regrets whatsoever.
(Its available for the same price now in Tower)
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

Another LP from my recent splurge.

fergus

Post by fergus »

cybot wrote:... But having said that I don't suffer fools gladly and I can be extremely fussy and over critical sometimes! ...
LOL!!!
I certainly do not recognise those characteristics of your personality....!?!?
cybot

Post by cybot »

DaveF wrote:
cybot wrote:Good on you Dave! Nice to see you supporting the vinyl medium...Nearly bought the set in Tower at Christmas but was advised that I'd be mad to splash out. Now I'm starting to wonder?
I paid 140 for it from Diverse Vinyl. Expensive alright but considering how much I enjoyed the CD version I thought it would be well worth the purchase. No regrets whatsoever.
(Its available for the same price now in Tower)
Please don't tempt me Dave! Anyway enjoy :-))
fergus

Post by fergus »

cybot wrote:Please don't tempt me Dave! Anyway enjoy :-))
Ah go on....you know you want to......
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

fergus wrote:
cybot wrote:Please don't tempt me Dave! Anyway enjoy :-))
Ah go on....you know you want to......

ah go on go on go on...GO ON! ;-)