Electronica - what are you listening to?

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
cybot

Re: Electronica - what are you listening to?

Post by cybot »

biszibosz wrote:Hello there,
its great to see a fellow member interested in such great aspect of audio as eletctronic/modern music is.

May i add the suggestion:
I too endeavor into electronic/experimental stuff most of the time and found it easier to present it to others when divided into different style groups.
For instance, just because of perception of such music i would not put AFX and, say, biosphere on the same album. Also, i happen to journey more and more into "acoustic doom" lately, which as created by Svarte Greiner (much under Deaf Center moniker) and his Miasmah label (which i consider to be most interestingly evolving label out there at the moment) wanders into the territory of dark ambient and drone. This, presented as a whole - but separate genre - might be a great addition to all well know classic idm-stylish sounds of FSOL, Ae or others. Deriving from classic ambient, and mixing up powerful punch in the sens of maximum simplicity = maximum emotions might shopw a tottaly different aspect of the fusion between electronic and neo-classical approach to modern music. Especially when presented by the likes of Elegi, Reich (though hes known in different areas), mentioned Irrisari, Ben Woods, Miasmah, Digitalis label , Khate, Eleh, Rameses II, and many more...

... Thus, i would propose to make style diferenciation in between the sampler tracks.

I would have though to make another thread pointed towards more ambient/drone-ish type of music, and mentioned darker ambient/field recording mash-ups - i hope this would not be treated as a idea-stealer ? I just feel that nowadays modern classical music derives more and more from electronica and they tend to go in tottally different directions, even when considering they started from the same branch of tree and they might be similarly inspired.
Wow! am I dreaming or what??? Welcome on board :-) Your suggestions are totally concurrent with my ideas for the sampler and that's exactly what I'm trying to do. However in saying that I am limited by the fact that most of my interesting stuff is on vinyl. Still I have to bear in mind that some of you might not be ready for the 'weird' stuff so I'll try my best to do it as painlessly as possible :-) But......rest assured it's coming your way very soon...
cybot

Post by cybot »

jadarin wrote:Image
A bit different from his other stuff but still very good.
You're right jad it is a lot more 'difficult' than his other albums. Have you heard his second Lp Rememberanza? It was his last normal album. Since then he's taken far more risks with the album you've mentioned and another one called Cosmos which came out as triple 45 rpm Lp edition and where he gets more into the drone aspect.
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Inspired by all this talk of Alka-Seltzer music (plink plink fizz) I dug out the wonderful
and lovable Spacemonkeyz Vs Gorillaz "Laika Come Home" - A dub remix of the debut album
I followed that with some Cypress Hill for the craic but that doesn't fit here....
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
cybot

Post by cybot »

Continuing with the Schulzian mood...

DaveF

Post by DaveF »

cybot wrote:Image
Available on vinyl?
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

Yeah - and can somone post volume 1 as well?
Do or do not, there is no try
jadarin

Post by jadarin »

cybot wrote:
You're right jad it is a lot more 'difficult' than his other albums. Have you heard his second Lp Rememberanza? It was his last normal album. Since then he's taken far more risks with the album you've mentioned and another one called Cosmos which came out as triple 45 rpm Lp edition and where he gets more into the drone aspect.
I also have Rememberanza which is really good but my favourite is Martes which has stunning production!!
The Versailles sessions has been used as a test disk by Hi-Fi choice and with the quality of production and sound on offer it's easy too hear why.
cybot

Post by cybot »

jadarin wrote:
cybot wrote:
I also have Rememberanza which is really good but my favourite is Martes which has stunning production!!
The Versailles sessions has been used as a test disk by Hi-Fi choice and with the quality of production and sound on offer it's easy too hear why.
Didn't know that :-)
cybot

Post by cybot »

DaveF wrote:
cybot wrote:Image
Available on vinyl?
What you really mean is are they available :-) Seriously though you'll have to search for that one as it's an old one...
cybot

Post by cybot »

Fran wrote:Yeah - and can somone post volume 1 as well?

Now now calm down lads.... Do you really want to see volume 1? Really? Ok, I'll see what I can do....