Jazz - What's your bag, man?

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
Ivor

Re: Jazz - What's your bag, man?

Post by Ivor »

Ivor wrote:I'm going for that Mingus now...
That didn't work out at all well. TT is still borked, it must be more than just the PSU.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Seán

Post by Seán »

This week I have blown the dust off some of my ECM LPs:

"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
Seán

Post by Seán »

Bob Moses - drums
Harvie Swartz - bass
Steve Slagle - soprano & alto saxophones, flute & percussion
Steve Kuhn - piano & percussion
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
cybot

Post by cybot »

Great to see the ECM label getting a dusting down.That 'comb' sleeve is priceless! Just in case anyone's interested ECM have a summer sale on at the moment and yes, that includes vinyl and, would you believe, DVDs too?!!?

http://www.ecmrecords.com/News/Special_ ... redir=3094
Seán

Post by Seán »

cybot wrote:Great to see the ECM label getting a dusting down.That 'comb' sleeve is priceless!
The music isn't bad either.
Just in case anyone's interested ECM have a summer sale on at the moment and yes, that includes vinyl and, would you believe, DVDs too?!!?

http://www.ecmrecords.com/News/Special_ ... redir=3094
Thanks for that.
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

This box set arrived when I was away and I'm just getting to listen now. Great value!

Do or do not, there is no try
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Fran wrote:This box set arrived when I was away and I'm just getting to listen now. Great value!
It is, I'm still getting to know it myself. I'd actually prefer not to have all the outtakes/alternative takes etc. and just hear the albums as they were meant to be heard. No I can't just ignore them when they're there!
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
fergus

Post by fergus »

Ivor wrote:.... I'd actually prefer not to have all the outtakes/alternative takes etc. and just hear the albums as they were meant to be heard. No I can't just ignore them when they're there!
LOL!!!
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

I had the "Ellington - Uptown" one on last night. It was great - love the alt take on A-train and track 9 is fantastic. Theres another one too but can't recall which one.

I plan on repeating the experience tonight!

Fran
Do or do not, there is no try
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

So I'm guessing I should buy this?
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2