What are you listening to?

DaveF

Re: What are you listening to?

Post by DaveF »

fergus wrote:
DaveF wrote:
Hi Jared, yes both from Dublin. One Southsider, one Northsider(the good part). :-)
Dave is from the North side of Dublin, Jared.....his comments are pure propagana, however!!!
the good part of the northside is what I was getting at Fergus. ;-)))
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
Seán

Post by Seán »

DaveF wrote:
fergus wrote:
DaveF wrote:
Hi Jared, yes both from Dublin. One Southsider, one Northsider(the good part). :-)
Dave is from the North side of Dublin, Jared.....his comments are pure propagana, however!!!
of Budapest? I've been led to believe that you are a Magyar!
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

Seán wrote:
DaveF wrote:
fergus wrote:Dave is from the North side of Dublin, Jared.....his comments are pure propagana, however!!!
of Budapest? I've been led to believe that you are a Magyar!
have Magyar family connections but I was refering above to where I'm living now.
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

BWV 525, 526 & 529

Jared

Post by Jared »

well, I spent the afternoon cleaning the youth hostel toilets to the strains of:

Symphonies 2,3,4 & 5..

followed by lots of Bax, Arnold Symphonies 5 & 6 and now:

Concerti 1-6 (which, by the looks of things, should please one or two people on this forum...;-)) )
fergus

Post by fergus »

DaveF wrote: Image
How are you finding that set so far Dave....tough going or, given that you have much more organ music listening behind you than I have is it more straightforward than you might have thought?
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
fergus

Post by fergus »

Jared wrote:Image

Concerti 1-6 (which, by the looks of things, should please one or two people on this forum...;-)) )
I have that music on the Harmonia Mundi label performed by Ensemble 415/Chiara Banchini. How did you find the Pinnock version, Jared?
fergus

Post by fergus »

Rugby took priority this week-end but in between the three matches I squeezed in my old friend, Christophe Rousset playing the music of Rameau on the harpsichord....

DaveF

Post by DaveF »

fergus wrote:How are you finding that set so far Dave....tough going or, given that you have much more organ music listening behind you than I have is it more straightforward than you might have thought?
I'm enjoying it so far Fergus. It's not tough going at all and I'm looking forward to getting more familiar with the works and seeking out alternative recordings in time. Oddly enough I find piano works more 'difficult' to like. Not sure why, I'd expect that to be the opposite with most people.
fergus

Post by fergus »

DaveF wrote:.... Oddly enough I find piano works more 'difficult' to like. Not sure why, I'd expect that to be the opposite with most people.
Actually, I am with you on that one Dave, to a large degree....piano music, especially solo piano music, has always been way down on my list for some reason also. The obvious exceptions are the piano concertos of both Mozart and Beethoven and even there my first purchase of the Mozart concertos was played on fortepiano. I have a number of sets of the LvB concertos but my next purchase in that direction will also be played on fortepiano.