MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
cvrle59

Re: MQN

Post by cvrle59 »

Thanks for support Tony, but it worked only with playpcmwin, unfortunately. I should've been more accurate, sorry.
The buffer size of 10ms just exceeds for fraction of ms on my Dac. I think that is what screws me up.
I hope SBGK comes with some magic not to leave me in the dust...
Last edited by cvrle59 on Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
i3 Haswell, PPAStudio USB3 card and USB Micro cable/Chord Hugo/Nad-275BEE/Harbeth-30.1
sima66

Post by sima66 »

The latest 2.72's are nice improvement over the last 2.72 that I was able to play!
They are both "sharper" and with much more air and details then the previous one.

I found the "rel get +" with more body and better bass then the "rel +".

In my opinion the "2.72 rel get +" is the best and more complete version so far.
I5 4440+TXCOmobo+JCAT Femto-Intona-JKRegen+HynesPS+TeraDak ATX-820W=JCATusb=DiverterHR=Wadia 931/922(GNSC mod)=PassLabsXA100.5=2xValhalla=Stacked&moded ESL57+JAS SuperTweet+2MJ Acoustics Ref.I
4SteinHarmonizers;RR777;Tellus;StillpointsUltraSS
tony

Post by tony »

cvrle59 that's a pity.

Maybe I have been away for a few weeks and am just getting overly enthusiastic coz I have a chance to listen again
but this new version seems really good. Detail but not sharp at all to me. The version favoured by sima66 would be my favourite also.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
sima66

Post by sima66 »

I hate to "spit and lick", but I have to do it this time............again!

After more listening, there is definitely something wrong with those two versions!
The sound is to "loosed", missing a focus. I'm loosing the separation and the silence between the instruments. It becomes a mess and more obvious with bigger orchestras. Bass is not tight enough, kind of to boomy.

Please take in consideration that this is just my opinion, my system, my taste and my momentary state of mind (who knows what I will think tomorrow)!!
I5 4440+TXCOmobo+JCAT Femto-Intona-JKRegen+HynesPS+TeraDak ATX-820W=JCATusb=DiverterHR=Wadia 931/922(GNSC mod)=PassLabsXA100.5=2xValhalla=Stacked&moded ESL57+JAS SuperTweet+2MJ Acoustics Ref.I
4SteinHarmonizers;RR777;Tellus;StillpointsUltraSS
tony

Post by tony »

That's the problem when one jumps in all enthusiastically! The second one I would agree as my initial comments about being really airy gave it a surreal sound. The second one as I said maybe just back listening or like yourself the mind or ears where playing tricks but I liked it a lot. Sharp tracks sounded very sweet on it last night. Will go back again tonight.

Think it demonstrates why meet ups are great every now and then just to get unbiased opinion except of course when it comes to ST's when I think there is a conspiracy at work.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Aleg

Post by Aleg »

I seem to have two favourites with this new 448-2.72 series, depending on the recording.

On recordings where the piano is not too sharp sounding (there is a lot of difference in sound between pianos esp. if close miked) I prefer 2.72 movdqa raw background.

Where the recording of the piano is too sharp sounding with the previous engine, I prefer the 2.72 mem rel get + raw background, which gives a somewhat more mellow sound which can make the sharp sounding piano very pleasurable to listen to indeed.

Is one better or worse than the other? I don't know really, because recordings are not sounding all the same either.

The other release from yesterday 2.72 mem rel + get raw background is then again too much mellowing and sound becomes woozy.

So I'll just have two :-)

Cheers

Aleg
HDPLEX;picoPSU;ASUS Q87M;i7-4770T;PH SR7EHD;Server2012R2;Thesycon 2.24;
JCAT USB;Sonicweld DiverterHR2;Naim DC1;Chord Hugo;Morrow Audio MA6;Naim NAC-282,SuperCapDR;NAP-300;
AQ Cinnamon;GISO GB;Netgear Pro+XM21X;Cisco SG300;NAS-ZFS.
jesuscheung

Post by jesuscheung »

only quickly listened on some piano with:
2.72 movdqa raw background has more vibration than density. not good for piano.
2.72 mem rel get + raw background is better. notes have more air more solid higher density.

both have same musical flow. tune are similar. treble tune a bit shy can be more exciting.
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

uploaded a 2.73 448 raw background which uses the original render loop,

sounds pretty good. anyone that was waiting for a 1.x or 3.x version should be able to play this (win 8.1/r2 only)
cvrle59

Post by cvrle59 »

sbgk wrote:uploaded a 2.73 448 raw background which uses the original render loop,

sounds pretty good. anyone that was waiting for a 1.x or 3.x version should be able to play this (win 8.1/r2 only)
This one doesn't work on my system either. I am quite disappointed by now.
Is there anything specific that needs to be done in PC setup?
i3 Haswell, PPAStudio USB3 card and USB Micro cable/Chord Hugo/Nad-275BEE/Harbeth-30.1
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

cvrle59 wrote:
sbgk wrote:uploaded a 2.73 448 raw background which uses the original render loop,

This one doesn't work on my system either. I am quite disappointed by now.
Is there anything specific that needs to be done in PC setup?
seems to be the 10ms buffer your dac has problems with, thought you had 20ms working on playpcmwin, so the solution is make a 20ms version, shall do if I get time.

strange because I thought 3 ms was the usual minimum and 10 ms was a good default, maybe worth investigating the latency of your dac.

just read this

http://www.naimaudio.com/sites/default/ ... ration.pdf

and it says change buffer from 10 ms to 100 ms - page 10
Last edited by sbgk on Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:53 am, edited 2 times in total.