MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
sbgk

Re: MQN

Post by sbgk »

sbgk wrote:
sima66 wrote: I don't know how the other versions after the first 448 sound, but this 2.72 (no rel) what I can play, it's the best thing I ever heard! Relaxed and detailed with the best middle range. Simple amazing!!!
yes, it sounds very good, just a bit bass light.
uploaded

mqnplay.exe 2.72 448 mem rel get + raw background

gone back to non rel version, this is the same as the above version, but smoother and better bass. playing a Stanley Clarke album and you would think I've got a tube amp.

am trying to do a 24 bit version, but have a slight hiccup with it at the moment.
tony

Post by tony »

Struggled to get any time over the last few weeks but trying 2.71 intel 1024b it is very good(understatement)

But the latest looks promising and the tantalizing hint of 24bit! Will give that a whirl presenting and report back
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

tony wrote:Struggled to get any time over the last few weeks but trying 2.71 intel 1024b it is very good(understatement)

But the latest looks promising and the tantalizing hint of 24bit! Will give that a whirl presenting and report back
have cleared out a lot of stuff to archive.

you need the 448 control for this version and win 8.1 or R2
tony

Post by tony »

Thanks Gordon downloaded that anyway so played first time. Very airy. Browsed through my music folder and somehow ended up playing Boney M 'gotta go home' as the first test track! Moved to Miles flamingo sketches and this sounds very good.Mellow airy just need to give it a good listen and compare it to other versions.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

tony wrote:Thanks Gordon downloaded that anyway so played first time. Very airy. Browsed through my music folder and somehow ended up playing Boney M 'gotta go home' as the first test track! Moved to Miles flamingo sketches and this sounds very good.Mellow airy just need to give it a good listen and compare it to other versions.

Also uploaded another version that has a bit more energy, just by moving the position of one instruction in the render loop. Initially discounted this one, but sounds ok.

mqnplay.exe 2.72 448 mem rel + get raw background
cvrle59

Post by cvrle59 »

sbgk wrote:
tony wrote:Thanks Gordon downloaded that anyway so played first time. Very airy. Browsed through my music folder and somehow ended up playing Boney M 'gotta go home' as the first test track! Moved to Miles flamingo sketches and this sounds very good.Mellow airy just need to give it a good listen and compare it to other versions.

Also uploaded another version that has a bit more energy, just by moving the position of one instruction in the render loop. Initially discounted this one, but sounds ok.

Should I try these new once on my system, or they still won't work?
i3 Haswell, PPAStudio USB3 card and USB Micro cable/Chord Hugo/Nad-275BEE/Harbeth-30.1
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

cvrle59 wrote:
sbgk wrote:

Should I try these new once on my system, or they still won't work?
can you try playpcmwin and see if it plays with 448 samples/10ms buffer setting, can't think what else the issue is apart from buffer size.

gone back to mqnplay.exe 2.72 448 mem rel get + raw background, nice sound
cvrle59

Post by cvrle59 »

"can you try playpcmwin and see if it plays with 448 samples/10ms buffer setting, can't think what else the issue is apart from buffer size.

gone back to mqnplay.exe 2.72 448 mem rel get + raw background, nice sound"

Non of these two new works. I downloaded playpcmwin, but I can't find those parameters you listed?
Last edited by cvrle59 on Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
i3 Haswell, PPAStudio USB3 card and USB Micro cable/Chord Hugo/Nad-275BEE/Harbeth-30.1
cvrle59

Post by cvrle59 »

cvrle59 wrote:"can you try playpcmwin and see if it plays with 448 samples/10ms buffer setting, can't think what else the issue is apart from buffer size.

Non of these two new work. I downloaded playpcmwin, but I can't find those parameters you listed?
Ok I tried Output Latency 10ms, and it was very similar like MQNplay, I changed to 20ms and it worked...
Even 11ms will do it. I just monitored my Dac, and buffer will cross 10ms from time to time. It seems to be that 10ms is just on the edge. I hope this tells you something.
Last edited by cvrle59 on Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
tony

Post by tony »

cvrle59 wrote:
cvrle59 wrote:"can you try playpcmwin and see if it plays with 448 samples/10ms buffer setting, can't think what else the issue is apart from buffer size.

Non of these two new work. I downloaded playpcmwin, but I can't find those parameters you listed?
Ok I tried Output Latency 10ms, and it was very similar like MQNplay, I changed to 20ms and it worked...
Glad you got it going. the rel get + raw background is excellent. Immediately like it. Not 100% sure about the other one it seems to feather lite but
hate making judgements quickly.