Electronica - what are you listening to?

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
Diapason

Re: Electronica - what are you listening to?

Post by Diapason »

Well your new regime is working already, Adrian. You tempted to me to go listen to Papua New Guinea, which I haven't heard in about 100 years. Nice!
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
cybot

Post by cybot »

Inspired by the Shiprock image posted by Mark over on the GTLP thread.....Haven't heard these American synthesists for years. Felt good to hear them again. This doesn't really fit here and should have it's own separate section. Inspire me :)

cybot

Post by cybot »

Another one I haven't heard for ages!

fergus

Post by fergus »

cybot wrote:Inspired by the Shiprock image posted by Mark over on the GTLP thread.....Haven't heard these American synthesists for years. Felt good to hear them again. This doesn't really fit here and should have it's own separate section. Inspire me :)

I think that the image should be in the photographic section too! Great cover.
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
cybot

Post by cybot »

fergus wrote:
cybot wrote:Inspired by the Shiprock image posted by Mark over on the GTLP thread.....Haven't heard these American synthesists for years. Felt good to hear them again. This doesn't really fit here and should have it's own separate section. Inspire me :)

I think that the image should be in the photographic section too! Great cover.
Thanks Fergus. I really meant another seperate 'authentic' Electronic music section but I hear what you mean about the photography :) There's also a beautifully written piece on the rear which I must find the time to type out sometime....Inspire me ;)
fergus

Post by fergus »

I gave this a listen tonight....

I could not even begin to categorise it so I displayed it here merely because the main musical sources are electronic. Not sure if I liked it; not sure if I disliked it - but it was an interesting listen.
cybot

Post by cybot »

fergus wrote:I gave this a listen tonight....

I could not even begin to categorise it so I displayed it here merely because the main musical sources are electronic. Not sure if I liked it; not sure if I disliked it - but it was an interesting listen.
That's an interesting choice Fergus. I have none of her stuff at all though I was tempted one time to go for the 5 Lp box set of one of her live concerts back when I did have plenty of money :) You know she was married to Lou Reed don't you? Must lend you the Metal Machine opus he brought out one time ;)
cybot

Post by cybot »

Ah this is something else! Double Lp devoted to the Aboriginal people....This reminds me of the days when I managed to break away from the Germans to check out the Americans....while it wasn't the groundbreaking change I had hoped for it still tasted good; the same but good....

jadarin

Post by jadarin »

http://plastikman.com You can stream the full album here...
fergus

Post by fergus »

cybot wrote:
fergus wrote:
That's an interesting choice Fergus. I have none of her stuff at all though I was tempted one time to go for the 5 Lp box set of one of her live concerts back when I did have plenty of money :) You know she was married to Lou Reed don't you? Must lend you the Metal Machine opus he brought out one time ;)

This was included in one of the collections that I bought in order to grow my vinyl collection quickly and was not a concious buying choice Dermot. I knew nothing about her until I Googled her the other night and I did not know that she was married to Lou Reed; but somehow that does not surprise me. Reference was made in my research to that 5 LP box set that you mentioned.