Rock - what are you listening to?

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
DaveF

Re: Rock - what are you listening to?

Post by DaveF »

Anyone know if it's possible to pick up the non-remastered versions of these CDs? These EMI remasters can be way too bright and harsh and I've heard this complaint from others too. Are the vinyl versions the same?
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
fergus

Post by fergus »

To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

DaveF wrote: Anyone know if it's possible to pick up the non-remastered versions of these CDs? These EMI remasters can be way too bright and harsh and I've heard this complaint from others too. Are the vinyl versions the same?
My vinyl copy is well "partayed" (sic) but I don't remember it sounding bright - not in the way the Bowie remasters are bright anyway.
I think my CD copy is one of those remastered jobbies... I'll have a look when I get home.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

eh, maybe this isn't rock, but anyways...

Lovely album, this one just keeps finding its way back on over and over again.

Fran
Do or do not, there is no try
fergus

Post by fergus »

cybot

Post by cybot »

Put this here just in case anyone missed it in the Blues section.It's still available in
Tower (A-Z section).Miss at your peril....fabulous stuff indeed!

http://www.boomkat.com/item.cfm?id=239057
cybot

Post by cybot »

Hope to be listening to this next week on vinyl.. it's getting mixed reviews
but really, who cares...

This made me smile :-))) (Amazon)

Last time I bought any music was a CD in elementary school when everyone was still carrying around portable CD players and thought it was cool (some of us were even still sporting cassette walkmen). Then I got into vinyls and started building up a small collection for the past couple years. This was the first vinyl I bought that was released as new on vinyl. Just received it today in the mail and been playing it on my turntable. All I can say is WOW. The quality is amazing, the music itself is something that cannot be explained, and the overall experience of this music and the fact of it being on vinyl put together makes for an incredible experience. I don't even think I'll get any sort of digital or other format of this album. This is how Jimi was meant to be heard, and I really cannot see it being as good any other way. As for the music itself, some of it is previously unreleased versions of songs you have heard before, and others have never been commercially released at all before. THANK YOU Hendrix family for releasing this, but I hate how now you've broken the flood gates that held back my bank account, and now it's flooding the valleys of the vinyl world (or of neptune ;) pun intended..) But really, if you have a turntable, and any interest in Jimi, do not think twice about this purchase. Great price for a 2LP set of amazing quality (180 gram). I'd start repeating myself if I keep going on, so I'll save you that and just tell you to buy this now
fergus

Post by fergus »

Robert Fripp & The League of Crafty Guitarists; Show of Hands....

cybot

Post by cybot »

Couldn't believe the weather today so I took advantage! So up I goes to Castlebellingham on the bike to see Dad... On the way up I listened to Creedence Clearwater Revival's Ist album and on the way back I took a chance with David Gilmore taking in 'Fat Old Sun'/ 'High Hopes' and a stunning rendition of 'Echoes' all featuring the late great Richard Wright.... What a wonderful world :-)))))

fergus

Post by fergus »

So all is good with the world Dermot....good for you!!