Recent Purchases

Seán

Re: Recent Purchases

Post by Seán »

DaveF wrote:
Seán wrote: Image
hmm I wonder if that is the same recording that Simon posted up 2 weeks ago. (The one that's due for release at the end of this month)
Yes, that's it Dave. The presentation is different from the picture that I have just posted, however, it was recorded in 1991. Sorry I was too lazy to search indefinitely for the correct CD cover. The CD presentation is wonderful as is the music. The set costs €16.99
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

Seán wrote:Yes, that's it Dave. The presentation is different from the picture that I have just posted, however, it was recorded in 1991. Sorry I was too lazy to search indefinitely for the correct CD cover. The CD presentation is wonderful as is the music. The set costs €16.99
That recording is top of my wish list at the moment. Hope you enjoy it! I'm not jealous..........no ...really...I'm not. ;-)
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
Seán

Post by Seán »

DaveF wrote:
Seán wrote:Yes, that's it Dave. The presentation is different from the picture that I have just posted, however, it was recorded in 1991. Sorry I was too lazy to search indefinitely for the correct CD cover. The CD presentation is wonderful as is the music. The set costs €16.99
That recording is top of my wish list at the moment. Hope you enjoy it! I'm not jealous..........no ...really...I'm not. ;-)
Get it Dave, it is wonderful, Fabio Biondi plays on it too.
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

Seán wrote:The CD presentation is wonderful .....
All CD's from ALIAVOX are superb in terms of presentation and packaging. Probably the best I've seen.
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
fergus

Post by fergus »

Oh God.....not another Brandenburg set that I have to get.....I have to stop buying these and Beethoven Symphonic cycles!!!
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
fergus

Post by fergus »

On a rare trip to Tower today....

Image Image
fergus

Post by fergus »

I finally got around to buying this one....

Seán

Post by Seán »

fergus wrote:I finally got around to buying this one....

I will too some day.
fergus

Post by fergus »

I will, no doubt, let you know how I get on with it....in time.
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

I almost went for that set too but in the end went for the Kubelik one instead. Do let us know how that one goes Fergus. I seem to remember a comment by you recently that you dont really rate Kubelik.