Rock - what are you listening to?

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
cybot

Re: Rock - what are you listening to?

Post by cybot »

PeterK wrote:Sorry Dave, not properly oriented yet. I have posted on this subject in the cables thread!!! Asked you a question there!!!

Now Peter, do as Tom Fletcher (RIP) told me once on the phone: "Go and make yourself a nice cup of tea and enjoy the music!"
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

PeterK wrote:Sorry Dave, not properly oriented yet. I have posted on this subject in the cables thread!!! Asked you a question there!!!
yip, got it. I replied via PM ages ago. :-)
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
cybot

Post by cybot »

This is friggin' sensational! Again as a long time Fahey disciple I didn't have very high hopes for this rather austere looking sleeve. I picked up an original copy with a far nicer sleeve Tower up Belfast way a loooong time ago on Sonet records but the sound wasn't great. All muffled and lifeless. This version blows it into Kingdom Come and beyond. I'm tired telling people to check him out. Frustrates the hell out of me! Everyday I'm waiting for someone to post a Fahey album here....:-( Tower Records have another Fahey album looking forlorn in the racks this few months. It's called 'America' and has been unavailable for centuries. Fabulous record and many disciples favourite Fahey. It's a beautiful 4MWB's double vinyl package and it needs to be put out of it's misery, pronto :)

Volume 1: Blind Joe Death - Vinyl
cybot

Post by cybot »

Here it is :-)

DaveF

Post by DaveF »

cybot wrote:This is friggin' sensational! Again as a long time Fahey disciple I didn't have very high hopes for this rather austere looking sleeve. I picked up an original copy with a far nicer sleeve Tower up Belfast way a loooong time ago on Sonet records but the sound wasn't great. All muffled and lifeless. This version blows it into Kingdom Come and beyond. I'm tired telling people to check him out. Frustrates the hell out of me! Everyday I'm waiting for someone to post a Fahey album here....:-( Tower Records have another Fahey album looking forlorn in the racks this few months. It's called 'America' and has been unavailable for centuries. Fabulous record and many disciples favourite Fahey. It's a beautiful 4MWB's double vinyl package and it needs to be put out of it's misery, pronto :)

That's a conicidence Dermot. A friend of mine recommended John Fahey to me last xmas. I spotted that John Fahey album in Tower last Saturday but I didnt know anything about that particular album so I left it. I had already spend my CD/vinyl allowance by then anyway! :-)
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
cybot

Post by cybot »

DaveF wrote:
cybot wrote:This is friggin' sensational! Again as a long time Fahey disciple I didn't have very high hopes for this rather austere looking sleeve. I picked up an original copy with a far nicer sleeve Tower up Belfast way a loooong time ago on Sonet records but the sound wasn't great. All muffled and lifeless. This version blows it into Kingdom Come and beyond. I'm tired telling people to check him out. Frustrates the hell out of me! Everyday I'm waiting for someone to post a Fahey album here....:-( Tower Records have another Fahey album looking forlorn in the racks this few months. It's called 'America' and has been unavailable for centuries. Fabulous record and many disciples favourite Fahey. It's a beautiful 4MWB's double vinyl package and it needs to be put out of it's misery, pronto :)

That's a conicidence Dermot. A friend of mine recommended John Fahey to me last xmas. I spotted that John Fahey album in Tower last Saturday but I didnt know anything about that particular album so I left it. I had already spend my CD/vinyl allowance by then anyway!:-)
Next time you're in, get it :-) Once it's gone, that's it, you'll probably never see it again.... The only thing I will say is it's not his most accessible album but it's definitely worth the little extra effort. However if you see the other Lp ( Blind Joe Death Vol. 1) get it first as it's a more accessible album for first time Fahey dippers :-) Better still buy both cause once they're gone, they're G O N E . . .
cybot

Post by cybot »

Before David met Hope....

David Roback with Kendra Smith...

Check out this video on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbjbqYJo ... ata_player
cybot

Post by cybot »

Wire - Red Barked Tree
Gerry D

Post by Gerry D »

This is one of my most played LP's.
Bought it in '77 when it came out.
still brilliant for me.
Attachments
wire.jpg
wire.jpg (14.85 KiB) Viewed 638 times
"Quality means doing it right when no one is looking" - Henry Ford
cybot

Post by cybot »

Gerry D wrote:This is one of my most played LP's.
Bought it in '77 when it came out.
still brilliant for me.
Good man Gerry! Keep the (pink) flag flying :-) Would you believe I haven't bought a Wire album since the Peel Sessions! While I love the the first album, my firm favourite will always be the middle one 'Chairs Missing', which was the very first one I bought on the strength of a Geoff Barton five star review in the Sounds! There's also a track on 154 that has a brilliant and frightening guitar solo - I can't recall it's name right now! I wonder is it 'A Touching Display'?