Jazz - What's your bag, man?

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
cybot

Re: Jazz - What's your bag, man?

Post by cybot »

My trawl through my ECM vinyl continues unabated.....So far I haven't come across anything I want to bin ;) This first one's from 1976...

cybot

Post by cybot »

Doesn't look like a typical ECM album.....This one's from '87. This is my first time listening to it properly and it's terrific both sonically and musically. Similar to the kind of stuff Henry Kaiser would do.....

cybot

Post by cybot »

This is from 1990.....

Seán

Post by Seán »

cybot wrote:My trawl through my ECM vinyl continues unabated.....So far I haven't come across anything I want to bin ;) This first one's from 1976...

I do like that LP Dermot. Mark Isham's playing is very impressive; he now writes film scores.

The ECM production values are second to none. I do recall that in the early eighties the owner, Manfred Eicher, stopped recording bands in New York because the recorded performances were not up to his high standards, I expect that has since changed.
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
Seán

Post by Seán »

I was inspired by Dermot to to listen my first ECM LP:

"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
cybot

Post by cybot »

Seán wrote:I was inspired by Dermot to to listen my first ECM LP:

What a line up! That's from '76. Would you believe I'd say 90% of my ECM Lps are second hand! Remember the vinyl boom after the introduction of CDs? I literally cleaned up during my long stint in Dublin. It's only now I'm starting to catch up :) It's a damn pity they haven't embraced the vinyl medium as much as they should these days. Anyway keep them coming.....
Seán

Post by Seán »

'Keep 'em coming', he said, so yesterday I listened to two sides of my 2 LP set:

Seán

Post by Seán »

On the TT:

Seán

Post by Seán »

and yesterday I also listened to this superb LP:

Seán

Post by Seán »

Sorry Dermot, but Gary Burton is a lovely musician who just happens to play the vibraphone:

This is a lovely group:
Gary Burton — vibraphone
Pat Metheny — electric guitar
Steve Swallow — electric bass
Eberhard Weber — bass
Dan Gottlieb — drums

and they do create a lovely noise:
Sea Journey

Nacada