DIY Regen Battery tweak

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
nige2000

Re: DIY Regen Battery tweak

Post by nige2000 »

yes i know its only 12 mbps

will it be too slow for hires?

just trying to stir ideas

you do anything with the dsd thing yet?

heres anotherhttp://www.prweb.com/releases/2015/10/prweb12995871.htm
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

ive got a few spare usb2412 and adapter boards if anyone needs them soldered on
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

just lookin at the intona datasheet bit confused as it says

LED Blink Codes

Flashing Standby, USB connection not established
Double Flashing Suspend, USB connection established and suspended by host
Slow Blinking (~1 Hz) Low Speed (1.5 MBit/s) data transmission
Blinking (~4 Hz) Full Speed (12 MBit/s) data transmission
Fast Blinking (~14 Hz)High Speed (480 MBit/s) data transmission
Always On Power supply or firmware error: power cycle the device

i assumed on sun if it was blinking at all there was no lock?
did we just think it wasnt working but it was only we didnt know it?
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

nige2000 wrote:yes i know its only 12 mbps

A 24/192 file only requires about 10mbps throughput but most USB audio devices now use high-speed protocol which is 480mbps so all signals & data are transmitted in both directions at this speed - the isolator needs to be able for this throughput.

Yes, Silanna was the company I was talking about in Tony's - the one that has done the equivalent of the Intona but on a single chip i.e. a high-speed USB isolator chip. Unfortunately they will only give details under NDA which means submitting company name website & annual turnover - so I guess they want to ship 1,000s of chips per order?
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

jkeny wrote:

A 24/192 file only requires about 10mbps throughput but most USB audio devices now use high-speed protocol which is 480mbps so all signals & data are transmitted in both directions at this speed - the isolator needs to be able for this throughput.

Yes, Silanna was the company I was talking about in Tony's - the one that has done the equivalent of the Intona but on a single chip i.e. a high-speed USB isolator chip. Unfortunately they will only give details under NDA which means submitting company name website & annual turnover - so I guess they want to ship 1,000s of chips per order?
very little web info on the Silanna
certainly looked like we weren't gonna pick them up in the local electronic store
whats the NDA worry about ? copys?
Sligolad

Post by Sligolad »

Nige I had the Blinking during operation disabled in case it caused any noise on audio when I ordered the Intona, they offered this option and I took it so normal blink codes do not apply.

Post by nige2000 »

Sligolad wrote:Nige I had the Blinking during operation disabled in case it caused any noise on audio when I ordered the Intona, they offered this option and I took it so normal blink codes do not apply.
ah ok

whats the alternative blink codes ?

on is lock?
blink is nc or error?
randytsuch

Post by randytsuch »

Interesting. and even if this company only wants to deal with large scale OEMs, maybe they'll distribute through Farnell, Mouser, Digikey so we can get it. Also, if they can do it, I imagine others will have a similar device out soon.

The other thing I found interesting was the audiocircle thread was about running you music SSD through isolated USB with the olimex isolator, another thing I'll probably forget to try, lol

And I do have DSD, but mostly I listen to pcm these days. With my modded soekris dac, pcm sounds really good.

Randy
MSI H81-P33 MB, Xeon E3-1225 V3, LPS/LIFEPO4 and Astron RS-12A, 240gb SSD music, 2nd SSD for OS, Mod SS PCIE USB card, Server2012 R2 Ess+AO+MQn, Amanero USB to DACEND ES9018 to Schiit Lyr amp to Senn HD 700 headphones
sima66

Post by sima66 »

I just did the XLR connects on the Nigel's Regen (3.3v and 5v) and SEALED the box!!!!
Now my Sonic weld is not recognized true Regen anymore! It works perfectly from usb port.

When Regen is connected, Sonicweld is ON and I guess that I have 5v power, but how I can test if the data is going in.....or WHAT I'M GONNA DO NOOOOWWWW?!!!!!!
I5 4440+TXCOmobo+JCAT Femto-Intona-JKRegen+HynesPS+TeraDak ATX-820W=JCATusb=DiverterHR=Wadia 931/922(GNSC mod)=PassLabsXA100.5=2xValhalla=Stacked&moded ESL57+JAS SuperTweet+2MJ Acoustics Ref.I
4SteinHarmonizers;RR777;Tellus;StillpointsUltraSS
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

sima66 wrote:I just did the XLR connects on the Nigel's Regen (3.3v and 5v) and SEALED the box!!!!
Now my Sonic weld is not recognized true Regen anymore! It works perfectly from usb port.

When Regen is connected, Sonicweld is ON and I guess that I have 5v power, but how I can test if the data is going in.....or WHAT I'M GONNA DO NOOOOWWWW?!!!!!!
assume there's only three wires in your connection?
did you mix them up?