What are you listening to?

fergus

Re: What are you listening to?

Post by fergus »

Seán wrote:.... if you want to really get the blood flowing the Blomstedt/SFSO two double CD sets are magnificent. Tower also have the Blomstedt/DRSO Nielsen 7 CD set for less than €20 and that is a smashing bargain too: http://www.musicweb-international.com/c ... 194292.htm
I bought Blomstedt's Nielsen symphonies on Seán's recommendation some time ago and I can confirm that they really are very good....even if I do not understand all of the later music, the performances are wonderful.
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
Jared

Post by Jared »

fergus wrote:A BIG HEARTY WELCOME to our new local forum, Jared. I am delighted to see you here....I sincerely hope that you enjoy it mate.
thank you my friend.. ;-))
fergus

Post by fergus »

Vivaldi – Disc 2 of this set which features Dan Laurin with the Drottingholm Baroque playing Recorder Concertos on this reissue from Regis....

DaveF

Post by DaveF »

fergus wrote:Vivaldi – Disc 2 of this set which features Dan Laurin with the Drottingholm Baroque playing Recorder Concertos on this reissue from Regis....

Have you listened to the Bassoon Concertos Fergus? I have a recording of them and I find that instrument an unusual but interesting one.
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
Jared

Post by Jared »

DaveF wrote:Image
Dave... what exactly does the dog have in it's mouth? and is it trying to eat it, or mate with it?... :-/
fergus

Post by fergus »

Jared wrote:
fergus wrote:A BIG HEARTY WELCOME to our new local forum, Jared. I am delighted to see you here....I sincerely hope that you enjoy it mate.
thank you my friend.. ;-))
I an very impressed with your latest avatar....my favourite recording of one of my favourite classical music works!!
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

:-)) I never actually noticed that before in the pic Jared. Looks like he's tearing a cat apart.
fergus

Post by fergus »

Jared wrote:Dave... what exactly does the dog have in it's mouth? and is it trying to eat it, or mate with it?... :-/
He could not do the latter so he has resorted to the former....!!!!
Jared

Post by Jared »

fergus wrote:
I an very impressed with your latest avatar....my favourite recording of one of my favourite classical music works!!
I had you in mind... ;-))