Rock - what are you listening to?

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
cybot

Re: Rock - what are you listening to?

Post by cybot »

DaveF wrote:
cybot wrote:Thin Lizzy

Is this the new Back on Black remaster from the original analogue tapes? What's the sound like?
It's not the Back to Black remaster, it's the original I believe. I got it in Borderline and the guy reached to the shelf behind him and pulled out a sealed copy. So perhaps they have a number of copies still in stock. The sound perhaps shows its age slightly but doesnt take anything away from the music.
Jailbreak is the only Back to Black remaster that I have seen in the shops.
Do you remember the article in Hi-Fi World? All the early stuff was supposed to be out by now and mastered from the original analogue tapes....I haven't really gone looking for them as I have them anyway. I always thought they were the originals, what with the Decca logo on the rear. But now I'm not so sure.....Hence the interest in the remastered jobbies.
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

cybot wrote:Do you remember the article in Hi-Fi World? All the early stuff was supposed to be out by now and mastered from the original analogue tapes....I haven't really gone looking for them as I have them anyway. I always thought they were the originals, what with the Decca logo on the rear. But now I'm not so sure.....Hence the interest in the remastered jobbies.
I remember it alright and I always check the Lizzy section whenever in Tower, Freebird etc. No sign of them yet.
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

one of the new mono releases from 'Music On Vinyl'. Really good pressings. Absolutely zero surface noise, pops or crackles here and it was the same story with the other 3 Dylan mono's I have from the MOV series.

"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

Image Image
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

Image Image

Two incredibly bizzare yet fascinating albums. Quite different from his earlier stuff.
Gerry D

Post by Gerry D »

Surprised by this. Kids were playing it, I commandeered it, excellent.
They want it back though.
Attachments
The_Lady_Killer_cover.jpg
The_Lady_Killer_cover.jpg (21.62 KiB) Viewed 473 times
"Quality means doing it right when no one is looking" - Henry Ford
cybot

Post by cybot »

cybot

Post by cybot »

DaveF

Post by DaveF »

The only Tom Waits albums that I dont have yet are Blood Money, Real Gone, Bone Machine, Nighthawks at the Diner or Heart Attack & Vine. Which of those are considered 'weaker' than the rest and perhaps should be left until I have the others? I'm leaning towards Bone Machine as my next Waits album. I do like the whacky stuff.
mick

Post by mick »

Heart attack and vine is a brilliant album and the one I would get. However it is more mainstream.