Jazz - What's your bag, man?

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
markof

Re: Jazz - What's your bag, man?

Post by markof »

Perfect for a Friday night wind-down.
Main: Qobuz/Arcam Alpha 9 CD/Project Carbon Esprit->Auralic Polaris->Chord Silver Carnival->Martin Logan EM-ESL
Office: Qobuz->Auralic Aries Mini->Denafrips ARES II->miniDSP 2X4 HD>Primare I32->Harbeth P3ESR/REL T5X
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

First purchase ever in the new Tower Records this morning.

Not a huge fan of Keith Jarrett but thought I give this a shot. On ECM records and on CD.
On first listen in the car and shop it seems pretty good.... "proper" listening later...

Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
cybot

Post by cybot »

What's the place really like Ivor? Are all the old faces still in place? Is the vinyl section a place of magic? I might just call up tomorrow.....
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

cybot wrote:What's the place really like Ivor? Are all the old faces still in place? Is the vinyl section a place of magic? I might just call up tomorrow.....

It's great really, a bit dark (old fogey here) but well laid out. When you go in there's a lot of merchandise but keep going, go straight up the stairs and there's a sea of tasty tasty vinyl in front of you. It seems like there's more vinyl there but perhaps it's just that this area was designed to be for vinyl whereas before it was just a dark corner that kinda grew.
At the back of the vinyl area is the cafe and I look forward to getting what I actually ordered sometime. Their inability to deliver what was requested is a comforting constant harking back to Wicklow Street. Sadly it has no views or windows at all which was a lovely aspect of the old cafe. (no pun intended). The Cloney Cavity (tm) is to the left of those stairs as you come in.

the faces are the same, staff and customers alike!

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
cybot

Post by cybot »

Ivor wrote:
cybot wrote:What's the place really like Ivor? Are all the old faces still in place? Is the vinyl section a place of magic? I might just call up tomorrow.....

It's great really, a bit dark (old fogey here) but well laid out. When you go in there's a lot of merchandise but keep going, go straight up the stairs and there's a sea of tasty tasty vinyl in front of you. It seems like there's more vinyl there but perhaps it's just that this area was designed to be for vinyl whereas before it was just a dark corner that kinda grew.
At the back of the vinyl area is the cafe and I look forward to getting what I actually ordered sometime. Their inability to deliver what was requested is a comforting constant harking back to Wicklow Street. Sadly it has no views or windows at all which was a lovely aspect of the old cafe. (no pun intended). The Cloney Cavity (tm) is to the left of those stairs as you come in.

the faces are the same, staff and customers alike!

Thanks for that Ivor. My appetite (no pun intended) is now truly whetted :)
markof

Post by markof »

Real fine bit of lunchtime listening if you like Billie, Sarah or Ella.
Main: Qobuz/Arcam Alpha 9 CD/Project Carbon Esprit->Auralic Polaris->Chord Silver Carnival->Martin Logan EM-ESL
Office: Qobuz->Auralic Aries Mini->Denafrips ARES II->miniDSP 2X4 HD>Primare I32->Harbeth P3ESR/REL T5X
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Time to visit the credit union I think....

http://www.bluenote.com/vinylreissues.html

Aleg

Post by Aleg »

Lovely combo with Kenny Barron
HDPLEX;picoPSU;ASUS Q87M;i7-4770T;PH SR7EHD;Server2012R2;Thesycon 2.24;
JCAT USB;Sonicweld DiverterHR2;Naim DC1;Chord Hugo;Morrow Audio MA6;Naim NAC-282,SuperCapDR;NAP-300;
AQ Cinnamon;GISO GB;Netgear Pro+XM21X;Cisco SG300;NAS-ZFS.
Aleg

Post by Aleg »

JCAT USB;Sonicweld DiverterHR2;Naim DC1;Chord Hugo;Morrow Audio MA6;Naim NAC-282,SuperCapDR;NAP-300;
Aleg

Post by Aleg »